ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toshiba laptops are amazing!

Saxo VTS
After buying my Toshiba laptop in December last year I've secretly been waiting for me to break it by being a clumsy mofo.

And today was that day.

Browsing Youtube with my glass of drink about to leave to hit the beach and then *boom* knocked the drink right over the laptop and my mobile phone.

*shhhhhhhhhit*

Pulled out the mains, tried to get the battery out but doh it died before I could. Water pouring off the keys and out the side, was gutted. Got the hairdryer on it and tried to start it to no luck! Damn it.

Cutting my losses I went back to Currys (where I bought it) and took out the extended cover (includes accidental damage ;)) Then went out for the day...

Well, got back home about 4 hours later, plugged the battery in, pressed on and holy shizzle it works. Completley amazed! The thing is running perfect! Can't say how happy I am. Incredible that nothing broke (ok my phone is fubar lol)

So yeah, Toshiba laptops are hardcore and I'm so happy it didn't break :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I did the same with my work HP, it needed the keyboard replacing but everything else was fine. I've had a couple of work IBM's had the same done to them and they are stuffed, quite a lot of the Toshiba's we have in the office are prone to overheating and aren't very good.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd never buy another make, i used my old one as a step lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i know 2 people with toshibas and both of them have needed a replacement screen and also replacement hdd's so I wouldn't say they are any good.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Oldest laptop at work is a Toshiba.

I don't like the specs/prices though so I stick to HP.