ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOYO 195/45R16.80V PXT1-R

Hi there, this is my first post so please take pity on me. I'm looking for some new front Tyres for my 172 as I put pirelli pzero nero's on last feb and 8000 miles later with no track driving there on the limit. Being a final year student I'm looking for a decent tyre for a decent price and from all the talk about toyos in the main tyre thread I have found these (there listed as a premium tyre). Has anyone got any experience or advice, anything would be appreciated.

http://www.tyretraders.com/tyreInformation.aspx?ItemID=TOY19545R1680VT1R

Thanks,
Shaun.

Ph1 172
i use T1R's. for the money they are a decent tyre, they seem to get slated on here for some reason. Everyone is bumming them hankooks. i have heard they are soft and probably wont last long but i never keep a car long enough to find out tbh.

PH2 172
My Toyos lasted 10-12k brought them in april 10 and changed them last month and i used the car everyday so i couldnt complain with them.

PH2 172
Yea there spot on camskill do a good deal got mine on a special offer at £43 a tyre bargain. Don't know why they get slated so much.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
I have tried like every tyre.
If you want to spend about 50-80 on a tyre get Yokohama s drives or hankook v 12 Eco.
They last about 10000 miles. T1rs side walls are way to soft. They last about 3000 miles. Parada spec 2s last 2500 miles
I suggest v12 evos ..

Cheers for all the suggestions guys, I never realised the sports ate Tyres so much - ahh well its a price worth paying. I've got a good idea now and it's just a case of finding the cheapest place.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How can you possibly nail a set of tyres in 2500 miles !?

I had Paradas on my Clio for about 18 months, did about 15k on them and they were no where near worn out. I hardly pussyfooted about anywhere either TBH.

Hankook V12 evos would be my recommendation, or Uniroyal RS2/3s

TRACK CAR BREAKING
I haven't had parades personally but all my mates had them when they used to cost £24 a tyre from r-tec.
They were so soft you could pretty much peal the rubber off them
I have had v 12 evos on my car since I got it 8 months ago. Done 8000 miles and still have 5mm on them...
People are talking about unirail rain sport or something along them lines. I might try a set next ..

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'd buy Rainsports or Hankook's mate... The best value for money tyres IMO.
I've got Uniroyal rainsports on my car at the moment and have Hankook's on my other car, so I can say, from personal experience, they're both very very good tyres.

b/g 182, meg tourer
They will do like 5k lol really soft compound mate.

thats rubbish. maybe if you floor it everywhere! mine lasted 14000 miles. thats with mixed driving. they are not a long lasting tyre but they tend to last more than 5k if you don't drive like a t**t.
the hankook v12's that i have on now do seem a better tyre tho and seem to be lasting well.

I found a pair of T1r's for £94 quid at tyretraders and thought that was a damn good deal really. Will see how they go and how long they last. Thanks again for all the replies guys, its appreciated.