ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toyosport 197 fitment issues

hi all,

i purchased a toyosport manifold to replace the standard as the flexis had gone on the original, got it fitted friday and had a call to say there was a problem with how close it comes to the crossmember touching on idle. i have uprated all the engine mounts to powerflex to remove the roll from the engine as i had been advised to do. how have people tweeked the manifold to fit? can it be done on the car? any advice appreciated thanks james
picture below to show how close it has become.

IMAG0214_zps3qppbgxf.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The stuff on other Clio's has terrible fitment, so it's no surprise the 197 stuff isn't a great deal better.

yep picked up the origional today that has had new flexis welded in and this ones going back where it came from

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They w**k over these on 197.net, these and sprint boosters......

I've never been convinced due to the price.

New set of flexies in the standard unit is the away to go

Clio 200t
W**k over them lol?

The problem is with new flexi's is that they can go also. The standard manifold can also go on the flanges at the top that go into the block. This manifold is better on most cars, just some have fitment issues with them.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
They w**k over these on 197.net, these and sprint boosters......

I've never been convinced due to the price.

New set of flexies in the standard unit is the away to go

Ahh yes, the good old sprint booster

"fitted a sprint booster, car feels much faster" well yes, that's bcause you now get full trottle at 50% pedal travel. Take off the sprint booster and mash your foot to the floor and you'll get the same experience!

197 CUP GW
Surely adjusting the upper engine mount ( torque arm ) a few mm, would move the engine a few digrees, to give the clearence needed.

Will be in contact with toyosport tomorrow as they've messaged me saying heat the manifold and bend it to fit the mechanic has said he will but I first want to know if they'll except the manifold back if this doesn't work (cracks) as I don't want a shagged manifold and them not to accept it back

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ahh yes, the good old sprint booster

"fitted a sprint booster, car feels much faster" well yes, that's bcause you now get full trottle at 50% pedal travel. Take off the sprint booster and mash your foot to the floor and you'll get the same experience!

Did you hear about the one that stuck on and jammed the throttle on lol?

Will be in contact with toyosport tomorrow as they've messaged me saying heat the manifold and bend it to fit the mechanic has said he will but I first want to know if they'll except the manifold back if this doesn't work (cracks) as I don't want a shagged manifold and them not to accept it back

Wow.

"Yeah, erm, if you could just finish our job for us, that'd be swell"

Yep think if it was me selling the manifold I'd be quite embarrassed to sell a product lacking that much quality to need to tell the buyer to bend it into shape

clio sport 197 f1
Ive got a similar problem on my 197, tapping off subframe with a new aftermarket manifold i put on. My old manifold i scapped though as it was cracked all over the top but i really need this sorted! Have any luck with yours or did you put the kriginal back on?

in the end i got it heated up and bent away from the subframe has stopped it rattling under idle but very heavy load when the traction control kicks in it can still hit which is a bit annoying.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They're s**t, don't fit them... I refuse to now. Buy the KTR unit or have your original repaired and the engine mounts replaced/upgraded.

fair point. with all the messing around i had to do and the inconvenience of not having a car for best part of a week due to figuring out what was needed to be done along with the extra labour costs it probably closed the gap in price considerably

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The KTR is brilliant though and fits first time... worth the extra £££'s

thumb_IMG_2161_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2160_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2166_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2168_1024.jpg

Mick

clio sport 197 f1
Ive just had that done to mine now, heated up and bent in but still no difference tbh.. Are the engine mounts expensive to change? See if it has an effect if i replace them.. What a carry on mind! Haha

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd just sack it off chap, they're utter shite! Next thing is you'll replace the mounts (at around £200 in parts) and then 12-18 months down the line the shitty Toyo will have broken somewhere (Normally at the slip ring joint to the Post-CAT) or it'll knock its tits off and drive you insane to the point you get rid of the car.

It's not cheap but just swallow it (I tried that line with the wife on Monday and got shot down)

mines already blowing its tits off and under full load (heavy acceleration) it hammers its self off the cross member even with bending and all 3 engine mounts+ gearbox mount.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
At the minute, the KTR unit is looking like the best alternative to the Renault unit, which is double the price and still nigh on impossible to source. The only other alternative is to replace broken flexible sections on your existing manifold.

What ever you do though, replace the worn engine mounts as they are the reason the manifold has failed

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That ktr one looks like a nice piece of kit, I've just got a good condition OE Renault one, new fitting kit/gasket and engine mounts for mine as the flexi has gone, but I'm tempted to order the ktr, assume a remap is required due to a flat spot after it?

Clio R27
Resurrecting an old thread but no point starting a new one really.
K-Tec has revised the design of the manifold (it now has flexis as opposed to mk1). Is that to say that the mk1 would suffer from any issues i.e. cracking to the joints?

Thanks

Just looks like they've made it easier to manufacture. Also less costly on their part having only one standard flexi meaning more profit.