ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track car / action cam

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hi everyone.What action/dash/recording cams are people using on track or would fulfil my requirements....

- Ability to instantly record when 5v/12v is applied like a dash cam
- ability to view recordings on the device.
- ability to overlay speed and the map/track on the software when processing.
- can mount to a cage.

Been looking at go pros but the 8 is mega dollah for what I need right?

Many thanks in advance!

Audi s3
I’ve got a 7 black edition, I’ve not had it out in the car yet but go pro do a roll cage mount , and the 7 has the lastest stability software so you don’t get shaky video

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've never had the GoPros instant start when power's applied, I'm not even sure you can.

Speed overlays I've always done myself with separate logging kit so can't advise there.

Cage mounting I've no experience of.

But, if windscreen mounting is an option, I recommend the Viofo A119C dashcam. It has a screen, you can log GPS if you want, and it mounts close to the glass so reflections are minimal.

I've just fitted another to my car as the Mio J66 I had up front gave shocking video quality. What I now get from the A119 is almost as good as the GoPro footage. it films up to 1080/60 as well as 2.7k/30. My latest video has footage from my rear A119 filming at 60fps if you want to see how they cope with track action.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've never had the GoPros instant start when power's applied, I'm not even sure you can.

Speed overlays I've always done myself with separate logging kit so can't advise there.

Cage mounting I've no experience of.

But, if windscreen mounting is an option, I recommend the Viofo A119C dashcam. It has a screen, you can log GPS if you want, and it mounts close to the glass so reflections are minimal.

I've just fitted another to my car as the Mio J66 I had up front gave shocking video quality. What I now get from the A119 is almost as good as the GoPro footage. it films up to 1080/60 as well as 2.7k/30. My latest video has footage from my rear A119 filming at 60fps if you want to see how they cope with track action.
Thanks for that mate. I will be mounting it on my roll cage though :(

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Went and got this for an absolutely killer price.

IMG_20200319_220820.jpg