ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track car rear pads: standard or DS2500?

As Ive heard the rear brakes dont do much, am I best off going with standard pads to keep the heat in them, or is it with paying the extra for the DS2500s.

Not too bothered about cost, just want the best performance.

Track only car, sticky tyres.

Running DS1.11 fronts

I bet a refurb would make a difference as well, my rears at the minute do f**k all. They can't even remove surface rust even with 50/50 bias with the ABS fuse pulled.

Going to refurb them and see the difference and if the rear pulls stronger then it's worth getting uprated pads.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I run ds1.11 at the fronts (with brembo 4 pots) and ds2500 at the rear on my 182. Never had any issues in the two years I have run them. Predictable, no fade on the hotest of days, brilliant performance and last forever (the rears). I recommend them

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
As per the other thread, with DS2500 fronts and standard Brembo rears my fronts pulled 320kg each and 160kg each on the rear at my last MOT. Quite significant if you ask me, plus those standard rears will start to fade and become less effective with heat on track.
I feel violated.
Telling you, forum chinese whispers. Happens all the time!

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I run 197 Brembos and RC8's up front and RC6's in the rear it pulls up bloody sharpish, I've still got the ABS just stand on the middle pedal like your life depends on it and everything is fine.
Don't get me started on people that say R888's/AD08's/V700's/VR2's etc etc are terrible in the rain, they're aren't they are brilliant long as the tread depth is deeper than the water on surface of the track but that's the same for any tyre.
Rich

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah they do pull about a third of the cars braking efficiency.

The mk2 cup racers ran ds1.11 with 2500 in the rear, so it must have worked for them.

Thought the Cup Racers ran RC6's or Pagids up front? Not sure DS1.11's were even around when they were racing?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Standard pads on the rear of the rally car. No issues whatsoever Including using the handbrake on stages and locking the rears with Michelin soft inters on the back (super sticky). Other pads just dont the give the bite and if the standard pads got too warm they wouldn't work (which never happened).
Only ever used standard rear pads on my fwd competition cars (Astras, 205s, MR maestro and Clios)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
1.11’s, 3000’s, Pagid Blue/Grey or Mintex 1177 in the front.
Ah I meant Performance Friction pads, not CL's, they used these for sure. Great pads tbh, gutted when I went through mine and couldnt source replacements, can only find PF97's for the rear randomly.