ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track / Race 172

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
3 weeks until I am out at Cadwell for my first race with the Tricolore chaps.
Few things left to do...
Bonnet pins
Roof scoop
Tape up the new slimmed down loom
Re position the seat
Geo set up
Map at EFI on the 30th
Clean + Stickers!
Should be good!!

Clio 172 & BMW 335D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 218

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Quote below taken from MSA
5.1. A rearward facing red warning light of a minimum of 21 watts, with surface area minimum 20cm2 , maximum 40cm2 , or of 21 watts with a surface area minimum of 50cm2 and with lens and reflector to EU Standards, must be located within 10cm of the centre line of the vehicle and be clearly visible from the rear. Vehicles fitted with full width bodywork may alternatively use two lights equally located about the vehicle centre line. An alternative light unit of equal or enhanced constant luminosity or LED lights that are either homologated by the FIA or comply with relevant EU Regulations may be used

Reason i asked is at a previous event during scrutineering i was informed the standard spoiler brake light wasn't suffice

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Picking the car up tonight....
Few things left to do..... after it starting the other day the BATTERY and STOP light are showing on the dash I immediatly thought alternator which we tested and proves to have gone, not surprised given the state it is in, so I have got one off Euro Car parts which conveniently have 25% off :D.
So car home tonight will hopefully give it a full clean tonight and get some pictures of it now its finished in here.
All that is left then is
Roof Scoop (If I dare)
Finish boot pins
Stickers of some sort - Girlfriend has kindly bought me one 'Fatty Inside'.....This is the excuse I am using when on track.

Thanks Josh

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Pictures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 231
  Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Update
Got the v6 box fitted tonight hopefully see me well in the prod plus class.
New alternator as the other one decided to give way £100 of Euro parts with 25% off.
Got the new numbers frittered as didn't like the size of the old ones.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 210
  WRX
Numbers aren't really the correct style but you should be ok. They should really be mounted as per MSA regs on a white background. Only certain championships run the dayglo style.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@Adam G i am waiting for Steve V from Tricolore Trophy to send me some he has had them in order for 8 weeks.
He is sending me the required white background numbers but I just wanted these in Windows like a few others and incase they don't come from Steve they are easily removed if they a major issue

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Cutting it fine but roof scoop fitted yesterday (nightmare of a job) then off to EFI Mapping on Tuesday, will see what the old girl is running it goes well so will be interesting hopefully around 170!! (Wishful thinking)
It's getting a clean today so will get some pictures done.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
I think it's done apart from mapping.
For the people who race how much padding is required around the driver area? @Tony Hunter @Adam G

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    588.4 KB · Views: 214
  WRX
Yeah just where there is a chance of you hitting in a crash/roll. So beside and above you basically. I have on my side above the windscreen, top of door bars, A and B posts.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Been up at EFI Parts mapping this afternoon.
Car is running a Miltek exhaust system (Cat still in place) with a v6 air box and cold air feed all standard apart from that.

So first run on the rollers saw 171bhp all well and good however according to Chris there were a few flat spots and the sensors in the Cat were not helping.

So few more runs we get a much smoother line getting consistent 173/174 with much better power delivery.

Final few runs with Chris doing some more of his tweaking we got it to 177bhp which I am happy with given the standard engine and I know it holds it own on track.

All ready for the weekend now.
Josh

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 158
  Clio 172 & BMW 335D
How much was the mapping session at EFI @Josh? Been contemplating it as its only 7 miles from me.
£159 - Very good service I have been debating it for a while too.
Did about 6 runs in today (3 readings in each run)
He doesn't settle for the first run he is very very good.
Like I said above I am running standard engine part form air box and exhaust and managed to get another 7 bhp and a much better power delivery and throttle response.
Josh

£159 - Very good service I have been debating it for a while too.
Did about 6 runs in today (3 readings in each run)
He doesn't settle for the first run he is very very good.
Like I said above I am running standard engine part form air box and exhaust and managed to get another 7 bhp and a much better power delivery and throttle response.
Josh
Awesome, the CS defo needs a tad more low down grunt. Hopefully get this done before Aintree.