ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking Prices????

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just popped into kwik fit (my local one are alright blokes) on the way home, tracking was £40, came outside, saw the car was lowered and said they couldn't do it, as they're machine goes inbetween the wheel and the arch.....

Came home and just looked for prices of places that have that hunter alignment b****cks, gave on a call, price: £140???

Now ffs, I really don't want to pay £140 to have my f**king steering wheel straightened!!

Do I have any other options?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Elites did mine for £70 when it was on coilovers, I think thats a little far for you to travel though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
WTF!?

I'm assuming this place is just full of robbing gits then...

Can my lowered car be done on a normal system? Or does it have to be hunter?

Oh, and can I just be a pikey and mess about with it myself?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol yep they are good in there, they are the biggest allingment place within the m25 apparently. Plenty to look at while you wait aswell.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Rob,

Plz let us know if you do find a decent place in London. I need to do the job soon (after I have put the car together again), as the adjustable camber add an extra variable I want to make sure it is a good place that does it. Likewise if I find a good place i will let you know.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Bloody hell £35 half the price they did mine for about 3 months ago lol They are only 5mins up the road from me so well handy.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Would be nice to see your new sport. You still had the red one at the de dent I think. I need to price up sportlines and tracking + 2 tyres at elites at some point, not feeling flush at the minute though lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I need to find someone to replicate the green lip on my wheels on to a plain black one.... know anyone down in essex that does good paint jobs with wheels?

If you're around on Saturday morning mate, and I'm definately going you should pop down there!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Dead opposite elites actually there is a place called tyre warehouse, they do wheel refurbs. I havn't experienced them myself but ive heard good things about them. Yer might do that actaully PM if your deffo going with a time and i'll pop down to have a ganders.

CLIO PH1 172
elite is massive you wont miss it lol and its only about 15/20mins from mine to give you an idea mate, although i cant remember why iv been there before? but i have for something???

172DD Cup
national tyres do wheel alignment for £14 with their website voucher. they've done the zafira and it's all good, now need to get the clio done.

Evo 8 MR
£25 at my local national tyres place.

It's true they put some devices on the wheels but mine was decked at the front with massive camber and fairly low at the back last time I went there for tracking and they still did it.

No hassle at all.

500 Twinair
^^^ Elite is very good, done my tracking and wheel alighnment there for bout £40.
If you'ere not happy with it, they will adjust it for free.

Not a 320d
Its about 30 quid for allignment and toe at national near me, but add camber adjustments in, and its about 80 quid. I think the local hunter allignment place does it for roughly the same price.