ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip to matt blacks

well first off, what an operation!!! its massive and ful to the brim with parts!! saw a ph1 vee as well which was nice.

we had a bit of a mess around getting to his actual breakers yard (to source a 172 rear bumper) as my sat nav (bruce the aussie) and jordans, seemed to think the route led us down a footpath, and with the cars as low as they are (and the fact that they are cars!!!) meant it was a no go;

IMG_0629.gif

IMG_0630.gif

not a happy chappy

IMG_0631.gif

IMG_0633.gif

see, it wasnt just us misreading the directions!!

IMG_0634.gif

IMG_0635.gif

then the clever aussie showed us the route around this road block;

IMG_0637.gif

so about turn and we were on our way;

IMG_0639.gif

had fun messing around in the yard, looking at bits and bobs to buy, only ended up coming away with some interior handles (swapped my incorrect grey surround with silver handles for a blue surround) and some interior bits for jack.

saw this in the yard on a mk1;

DSC00132.gif

think jordan has other photos from when we were there. will defo use them in the future when sourcing parts!! top notch!!

jamie

visualize whirled pe
I love breakers yards, could have done with more photo's! There like a car related treasure hunt!

Thats russian vine weed growing all over that R19 16v(?) it litterally will get / grow anywhere, in a few years you'll hardly be able to see it!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I love breakers yards, could have done with more photo's! There like a car related treasure hunt!
Lol. Same here. I'm finding more and more don't let you just wander around anymore. You have to ask them for the parts. Last time i went to one, i was told that i wasn't allowed near the cars :(

clio 182 FF
did you guys meet nicole ???? is she hot????

because i've been speaking to her on the phone sounds like a hottie lol

Breaking A 172 Replica
Are they as shite in person as they are over the phone/internet?

I have never dealt with a company with such poor customer service.

clio 182 FF
lol I wont flirt with her next time then lol oh btw they owe me 176.23 can you get it for me????????

OWNED big time

lol guys, and yeah, nicole, damn ;) didnt know her name, but she did jords' receipt!!

lol at the buying everything quote about sam :D haha

didnt take many in the yard as we were messing around a lot!!

matt was helpful as he could be with the phone ringin off the hook!!

jamie

clio 182 FF
Geez oh i think if i came across a sign saying not suitable for motor vehicles, I think i would think twice before going down that road

Clio 182
sat nav had us down some hilarious "roads" in Denmark.. we did it anyway though :p

any 182 engines in? :(

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Matt was very helpful when i spoke to him on the phone, although i feel a bit guilty as i didnt end up buying anything after all the advice he gave :eek: (was out of my budget range)

must get sick of people like me ringing up and asking the same s**t over and over :quiet:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive asked Matt about various things on my old valver and hes always got back to me quickly and been helpful!

Clio 182
sat nav had us down some hilarious "roads" in Denmark.. we did it anyway though :p

any 182 engines in? :(

why do you need a new lump mate?!

belt failure?!:dapprove:

lol, shouldn't be that bad actually.. it got a bit of a hammering for 2 weeks solid working in the peak district, and one day it made a bit of a tapping sound after i dropped a gear. Its on my rents drive at the minute until I decide where to take it, Renault claimed the belt must have slipped and bent all my valves, but I'd be expecting more than a slight tapping if that was the case.

Time will tell.. could end up being very expensive! I've got a 1.6 focus from work at the mo, and the slowness of it is killing me :(

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
LOL that post on the GT forum is classic, I would of felt a right kn0b if that was me, i would of just tried to hide.

Matt is an ace bloke I have PM him many a time and he has always got back to me straight away.

I belive I have bought a few things off him since owning my Clios.

heres my pics....

i really wanted this splitter, but couldnt get it off....

DSC00012.jpg

lol! anyways....heres some more:

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

we were looking through a 1.2, and found someones ring lol!!

DSC00019.jpg

nice shrubbery in some of the cars....

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

old memories for christopher maybe?

DSC00024.jpg

in search of handles...

DSC00026.jpg

hmmm, how do i get this horn off, lol!!

DSC00028.jpg

in search of more crap....

DSC00029.jpg

half of a clio...

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

visualize whirled pe
Cool pics, I love scrap yards!

There is a good one in Telford I went to years ago, you get to the office say what you want and are directed to massive rows of each vehicle / manufacturer. There was a burned vehicle section, commercial vehicle section and a jap section with some cars I've never even seen before.

I used to visit to get parts for my old ford, it might be sad but I regarded that as a good day out!