ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tripods and hand luggage?

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
I'm on my hols pretty soon, I'm planning on taking my camera on as hand luggage (I've seen the way they treat checked in luggage!)

I was wondering if I'll have any trouble taking my tripod on as hand luggage or am I better off putting that through with my bags?

Anybody got any experience of this??

TIA!
Rob

Yeah definitely take the camera as carry-on, with respect to the tripod I normally stick that in a suitcase. Depending on its size a tripod can be a little bit big for hand luggage

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Thanks for the responses, to be honest its only a smallish tripod maybe 1.5' long when its folded down, its REALLY light aswel so I don't mind that I just didn't wanna find I can't get on the flight as its too dangerous!

I love the Ghetto fix of taping it on :D

"Navy" N17 TWO
Some airlines are very strict on baggage size so check out their restrictions before you go! :)

Defo take your camera with you. DO NOT put in in the checked in luggage.

I was looking for small tripods a while ago to take with me everywhere, but gave up in the end as I think it would be too bulky for me.

Have you thought about those gorilla pod things? They could be a good alternative, depending on what you want the tripod for.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Any joy finding a compact & lightweight tripod Dan?

I had my Manfrotto away with me over easter when I was in Malta, only really used it for night shots and few long exposures but its 3kg on it's own! lol