ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophies... Not holding their value..???

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1478207.htm

Interesting price from DS cars- 6.5 for a trophy on Average mileage- obviously no mention of belts-

Thats a big jump in 6-8 months when trophies were commanding a big premium upwards of 7.2/7.3k PRIVATE-

I note the hardest car ive sold in the last year was a trophy & Steve @ All vehicles said a very similar thing in a thread the other day-

It seems that to 'Joe public' anyway ( remember they are not total enthusiasts) that the uprated suspension & recaros is not a sufficient trade off for a red car-

Liquid yellow whether people like it or not is the most desireable colour, again not maybe in the enthusiasts eyes, but general joe soap prefers the yellow to the red-

Very soon we are going to find racing blue & BBlack gold on a par with trophies I fear...

S

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
A 2 litre sports car in this sort of economic climate is always going to be hard to shift, especialy those with a higher premium than others as well as a higher insurance grouping.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
gp 16 and a not very wallet friendly tax band as well circa 30mpg or less will never be floating peoples boats in these circumstances.

Has the trophy bubble burst? to the untrained eye yes, to an enthusiast probably not as you say, but like anything with 197 values hitting 8-8,5k for 06-56 platers then obviously this reflects down the older the car gets. Plus as you say 5 years is belt time, so people shite it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black Clio GT
if i was in the market for one then i would be happy to pay a premium for one thats had the belts/dampers done, but like you say average joe hasnt got a b*****d clue what its about so just looks over priced red 182.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  LY 200
I was having this argument with someone off here the other day when i was having my moment in considering a trade down - I would prefer RB or LY (this ultimately but i have already had one) to a Red car regardless of the Recaros and Susp! The only reason i would take a Trophy is because i have already owned an FF/Cup packed 182!

And im an enthusiast......

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Black Gold Trophy
I wouldn't really want one considering what I have at the moment... basically a trophy with all the creature comforts!

Got trophy suspension, wheels and spoiler. But also have xenons, climate control, comfy seats, alcantara door cards, nice carpet etc etc.

When I bought my 182 and it was standard I paid £8000 for it with low mileage and trophys were priced at around £11k. I couldn't really be arsed to look at them and see what they were all about as the 182 with cup packs was already such a great handling car with enough grunt.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ph2 172 track car
That is pretty cheap for a trophy! I bought my car from DS Cars, think his name was Dan if i remember right, get's a lot of renault sports in.

Trophy's are still worth that little bit extra imo, and the red is an added bonus!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
That is pretty cheap for a trophy! I bought my car from DS Cars, think his name was Dan if i remember right, get's a lot of renault sports in.

Trophy's are still worth that little bit extra imo, and the red is an added bonus!

Yeah his name is Dan. Got my 182 from him too

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Pass me the razor please Steve will you?

I paid £7,000 for mine back in September. FSH, 39k. Wasn't many on the market either. I do think they have come down in price a bit.

I wouldn't want to sell mine for less than what I paid but reckon I would to shift it.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
Id still love a Trophy. Custom subframes so the seating position is massively lower and prob be an awesome car!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Id still love a Trophy. Custom subframes so the seating position is massively lower and prob be an awesome car!

The only reason I've never owned one. THE MOST rediculous seating arrangement i've come across.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Trophy 182
yep trophys have come down in price. one on ph for 5800 up scotland. the link at ds cars sold in one day. at that price sure someone will take it. now its a good time too buy:D but not a good time to sell:dapprove:

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Titanium 182
If Steve Murr RS cars ltd starts offering trophies around 6k you may be getting another call from me ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Titanium 182
LOL

Nah I bought my 182 off Steve but he met me in Nottingham after he'd had the belts done at birchdown. I hate London, the M6 south makes me want to drive into the nearest tree :rasp:

Sorry dude. Feel free to pop by if you're in Leeds though ! :cool:

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX-5 Sport
In fairness to Dan, he doesn't make a lot of profit on the cars he sells as he tries to work on a minimal turnaround time - and normally his prices are fairly similar to private ad's.