ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 007 and the story so far.......

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
so was it huchies pikey work thats fucked the new engine or not?
Hutchie and his father are the only ones to work on the engine, had the head off to replace 16 valves so I will leave it to yourself to decide where the fault lies. I wish people would just be honest though and accept responsibility for their actions

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Suspected issue with head or possible timing issue, just awaiting the timing to be checked then the full engine is being sent away for a full engineers report.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Put this little foot rest on the other day, its still sat in the garage waiting to get the engine sorted out but atm funds arent allowing...

651bd02c.jpg

Soon there should be an update in the view of a k-tec supersports exhaust, de-cat back.

Also been looking at these to upgrade to..... getting really sick of seeing every other clio with turini's on.

e940ca27.jpg

Also weighing up switiching to coilovers again, I need more lows with a set up that still handles well on the road. Probably looking at AST's so any advice on them would be good, i.e service intervals and good settings to use for the road

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
They would look different Chris, be interesting to see how they look.

Sell me your Turini's haha
They may be up for sale if I decide to go ahead with the above, was going to keep them but completely bored of how it looks now and sick of being the same as every other one. I didnt like it being the same as the other two at the last meet

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Those wheels are epic!!

I needed bought some to refurb in black, but they only sell 16's. Which are for gays.

Buy my H&R coilovers?

I've been thinking about them dave but didn't get a good offer on the sachs and eibach springs as a trade lol

Think the turini's are going up for sale today, I prefer to keep the 16's for looks (show pony) ;) how do you find the h+r#s compared to the sachs in your most honest opinion

E85 3.0i
They may be up for sale if I decide to go ahead with the above, was going to keep them but completely bored of how it looks now and sick of being the same as every other one. I didnt like it being the same as the other two at the last meet

Fair point bud, always wanting to be diff eh!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
so a little update time I guess :)

Came home to these one night......nom nom

Had much consideration for these and they were actually a second choice.....I feel like a sheep now even though this is my second set of 2118's

013-17.jpg

014-16.jpg

Trial flight

015-12.jpg

I've also got these tyres to go on, brand new from camskill

001-41.jpg

Also collected this K-tec supersports exhaust, second hand and very dirty.....with lots of crap around the sleeve.

Few dirty pics :(

002-39.jpg

003-40.jpg

006-33.gif

007-33.gif

009-30.gif

010-26.gif

Spent 15 minutes giving it a clean up and a polish as well. Need to spend more time on the tailpipes and remove some tar marks.....anal I know but I want it to look awesome if anyone checks under there to see the ARB ;)

027-11.jpg

Tar spots

019-12.jpg

018-12.jpg

Cheeky reflection shot

025-10.jpg

026-10.jpg

Everything together

021-11.jpg

I can't wait to get everything in and get the car running again, hopefully should be back on the road within the month.

I have another update which will be very controversial but its my car so it makes no difference.....

Sachs are removed atm so I can give the archs a good detail again and repaint the sachs in smooth silver hamerite.

Also detailing the car again, not sure whether to leave the front end until after the engine has been dropped back in or not as there will be plenty of activity at the front and dont fancy getting fine scratches in freshly detailed paint

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have another update which will be very controversial but its my car so it makes no difference.....

If its the fitment of some suspension made by a bloke, in his shed, in Basildon, im going to be upset :dapprove: Just make sure you keep the Sachs, for when the others start leaking ...

Wheels are nice, a bit 2010 imho though :rasp:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If its the fitment of some suspension made by a bloke, in his shed, in Basildon, im going to be upset :dapprove: Just make sure you keep the Sachs, for when the others start leaking ...

Wheels are nice, a bit 2010 imho though :rasp:

You're correct. My mate has them on his and they've been fine. I'm just going to put It very low then for the brief 3-4 weeks of sun we get a year I will switch over to the sachs and enjoy them. I need to save up to get the sachs refurbed and unpinned but the engine is going to cost £1000+ to rebuild

Astra SRI/ Hornet
whos fitting ya next engine stevie wonder? lol you should of just bought a 182 and not ruined a trophy ya pleb.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
whos fitting ya next engine stevie wonder? lol you should of just bought a 182 and not ruined a trophy ya pleb.

Wouldn't really say I've ruined a trophy like lol when I get bored of the lows I will switch bk to the sachs.

As for the engine: it was fitted perfectly fine funnily enough

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Time to upset the purists.....I feel the shame already :)

Got them for a good price and can't complain.....going very very low because I can

002-40.jpg

All my bits and bobs together waiting to be fitted.....I'm excited now

003-41.jpg

Waiting to be attacked....and live again

004-39.jpg

And before you all twist on I'm keeping the sachs for when I decide that I'm going to start driving the car harder again, ATM I will just be happy to hear it running again, enjoy driving it to le mans in june, FCS and trax. Sachs will be sent off for a health check some time this year and when they're back they will be painted and kept for when I fancy some fun.

I've got a few more mods to come and possibly look into running 4 pots for when I get my act together and do a track day or two, but not before I'm 150% comfortable the car is reliable.

2012 plan:

225 megane lump

Last edited:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Nice little pile of goodies you have there!

The coilovers arent that bad! I run them as well, and have had 0 problems so far!

No doubt people will disagree with that, and will probably be along shortly to put my post to shame.

Keep it up!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
look forward to seeing this back up and running Dr Pick, i want turinis more than 2118/s but unsure again after seing those pics.....

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Mate I reckon yours would look mint with those wheels jamie winter has on his white clio 172. I didnt have time on my side when it came to deciding on the wheels as I needed the car back on the ground to move it about.
Also what swayed me was the ability to still get the Hankook RS2 tyres in 15's which should be ideal for the summer.

Did you find the link for those Camber bolts?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
well heres my update.....sadly the 'its alive' update will have to wait as the engine has just been sent away to be checked and rebuilt.

Here it is on Gaz coilovers and my new 2118's and rs2 tyres, no exhaust atm as waiting for the engine to come back then will do all at once....also waiting on some polyureathane (sp) rear exhaust hangers to be made.....

I will give a more detailed reason for the change in suspension.

1. I've spent too much money on it this year to even think about ragging it round a background and risk smashing it up really isnt on the agender
2. I'm sick of being the same as every other trophy, its getting boring and it doesnt stand out
3. It looks awesome IMO :)

006-34.jpg

007-34.jpg

008-31.jpg

010-27.jpg

012-18.jpg

013-18.jpg

014-17.jpg

Sachs will be sent off in the summer to be refurbed then refitted when I really want to enjoy the handling :) more updates soon...

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Gutted mate! 225 lump eh? What was that you were saying to me about forced induction? lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Gutted mate! 225 lump eh? What was that you were saying to me about forced induction? lol
Haha boost FTW tbh haha.

Yeah the important thing for this year is to get a properly built N/a lump in there and make sure its all safe then either go 225 or put a rotrex charger on it