ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 007 and the story so far.......

Evo 5 RS
I dont get it. So you sold a mint Trophy, that needed a £300 engine to fix it.

And bought another clio, that may well suffer exactly the same engine based fate.

You're bonkers lol

Jeeeez, don't try to see the logic in everything?! (You do have a very valid point though lol!!!!)

I could of put my new lump in this instead (if I wasn't such a ph1 ***** that is)

I dont get it. So you sold a mint Trophy, that needed a £300 engine to fix it.

And bought another clio, that may well suffer exactly the same engine based fate.

You're bonkers lol

yeah but when youv put alot of money in to something and then it fails again you do think why even bother putting more money in to it

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
yeah but when youv put alot of money in to something and then it fails again you do think why even bother putting more money in to it

Personally, i would have simply sold the Gaz coilovers he bought for it & fixed the engine.

You forget, a lot of the money Chris was spunking on it was for sexy things, not necessarily fixing the damn car lol.

Personally, i would have simply sold the Gaz coilovers he bought for it & fixed the engine.

You forget, a lot of the money Chris was spunking on it was for sexy things, not necessarily fixing the damn car lol.

i see what your saying but each to there own i suppose

take me 4 example iv got an Iceberg cup with a/c and i was thinking of stripping it right out and just keeping it for track
some people would say im crazy as there isnt many about. iv since changed my mind and gonna get a mk1 instead for track

yeah i know its only a cup but a few people say not 2 strip it with it been an Iceberg and its got abit of pedigree 2 it already from when Jon_r originally owned it

i dont see why people go on about the trophy as much as they do cos at the end of the day its still a clio lol
if i had a trophy i wudnt treat it no different 2 any other car iv owned and should funds allow i may even look in 2 a trophy as a track/w.end car as the sachs is meant to be a good set up

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
lol now come on we arent all rich like you dave. I'd definately have another trophy just not 007, its cursed. Maybe if some cheap sachs come up I might do a hub conversion for the cup

RenaulsportClio 200
just read from start to finish - well done for almost sticking with it, and very unlucky with the second engine kaput!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I thought people would like to see what happens when you let someone work on your car who lacks experience

Cylinder/piston 1

1e047399.jpg

Cylinder/piston 2

a9fdcebc.jpg

Cylinder/piston 3

659c6ace.jpg

Cylinder/piston 4

08947cff.jpg

I will get some pics at the weeknd of the state of two valves which clearly weren't up to the job. My car won't be worked on by HUTCHIE again that's for sure

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
hutchie fitted a new timing belt kit and alternator kit on the car, he didnt tighten up the crank pulley bolt up correctly, turned the car over....crunch ....hutchie takes car away to fix as his fault, replaces 16 valves as 15 were bent, I was told would be new valves, turns out they were second hand. 400 miles later it does this....nearly £2k down the drain and a lot of time wasted, HUTCHIE refuses to repair car as good will.

The car actually had the valves replaced by hutchie and his father, I picked the car up from mickleton service station on the wednesday evening, by the monday it was all over

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
What cars this on? The new cup or the old T? im kinda lost and not red most of the thread :rasp:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
new/second hand valves won't cause a second failure fella (bt using second hand bits is pikey, uber pikey)
Well the timing was correct mate, the way the valve has snapped suggests otherwise

Anyway I did try and cooperate with Hutchie in repairing the car, even suggesting I would meet half of the costs, but he failed to cooperate. I've been very calm on the matter when its very frustrating to see that sort of cash down the drain

I also ran the car in for around 250 miles not taking it over 3k RPM, I only got to really give it some stick at a meet, then the day after it did the above. At the time of the damage I was using very light throttle.

I also used very good oil for engine and box, brand new plugs, filters, always ran on vpower as well.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What cars this on? The new cup or the old T? im kinda lost and not red most of the thread :rasp:
On the trophy mate, I went down to see the lad who has it now and he showed me the bottom end and the head with the snapped valve and head of the valve smashed round.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
On the trophy mate, I went down to see the lad who has it now and he showed me the bottom end and the head with the snapped valve and head of the valve smashed round.

Thats not to bad i thought it might have been the cup, heres me thinking you have extremely back luck... lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thats not to bad i thought it might have been the cup, heres me thinking you have extremely back luck... lol
Don't say that haha. Nah I've learned its worth making the trip worthwhile. HUTCHIE came recommended by many people, he himself claiming he's done plenty etc. Peice of mind I thought, now it seems the one person I thought was my only saviour in the NE has turned out to be like the rest of the pikeys you hear about. Shame as I did think highly of him and previously recommended him to friends.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Sure he ripped someone off a while ago by selling alloys as straight when actually they were buckled to f**k

Funnily enough he was telling me about those when he was doing my cambelt....maybe he was thinking about that when he forgot to tighten up the crank bolt ey? LOL

PH1 loads of boost!
Sure he ripped someone off a while ago by selling alloys as straight when actually they were buckled to f**k

He tried. It was my pal fossie he did it with, no one would buy them coz they were bent. Then fossie wanted to swap for a set he had and he swapped without telling him, then denied he knew anything about it when fossie asked him what was going on. Even though he'd told potential buyers one was bent in the past!

TAF!

Trophy Turbo :)
He tried. It was my pal fossie he did it with, no one would buy them coz they were bent. Then fossie wanted to swap for a set he had and he swapped without telling him, then denied he knew anything about it when fossie asked him what was going on. Even though he'd told potential buyers one was bent in the past!

TAF!

But fossie would swap his family for some thing, he just swaps things LOL

Cro

Meg'd r27
As sh*t as it is, as far as hutchie's technical knowledge goes- he knows his stuff

I'd be gutted, as i'm sure you are. Hopefully onto bigger and better things :) Fair play to you for taking it so well, i'd be cracking up

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Spotted @ Castle Eden Cricket - Looks a sweet car, was jealous when I pulled up in me dCi!

Evo 5 RS
not good..sounds like a right pickle...legally speaking though was this through the garage? Not really read the whole thread