ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy crashed at cadwell?

V70 d5 beast
my mate was in a trophy at cadwell park last wednesday and the guy crashed it i think may be a write off but i'm trying to find some pics of it?

do you guys have any?
i've tried the search but nothing?
cheers....

mk5 VDUB polo
i found one pic, think it got repaired though

postman-pat-pedal-car-lg.jpg

V70 d5 beast
oh rite ok well i didn't think it was anyone from here lol but i never think lol
my m8 has a 172 cup and takes it on quite a few track days and he was in the passenger seat with whoever crashed it.

Clio f7r Trackcar
i have a pic. PM me if you want it.

everyone is being a little weird over this one. if a car is crashed then why cant photo's be shown?! i dont get it...

some people dont have trackday insurance. Therefore if a photo of their crashed car on track with reg plate on display is shown then they can kiss any fraudulent insurance claim goodbye! :)

A Beautiful R32
...and then they can say hello to a nice warm jail cell with a bloke called Jane in it who likes to be the daddy...

Turbos.
stew_punk said:
i have a pic. PM me if you want it.

everyone is being a little weird over this one. if a car is crashed then why cant photo's be shown?! i dont get it...

Because 'crazy' Special K had a barney about it. And we all must bow down to her...

Lee

BMW M2C
It's the way so many people on here take great pleasure in other peoples misfortune that's the issue. It's all too common on here these days and leaves me wanting nothing more to do with ClioSport.

I had texts of people asking who had crashed, not because they cared though, just because it's good gossip.

Clio 182
fUbAr said:
some people dont have trackday insurance. Therefore if a photo of their crashed car on track with reg plate on display is shown then they can kiss any fraudulent insurance claim goodbye! :)

Are people really stupid enough to try that?

Turbos.
fUbAr said:

Not really, know a few people who have binned cars and said they crashed it on the road without any problems.

You can avoid any trouble with the incident report by taking your plates off for trackdays, simple.

Clio 182
Rich said:
Happens all the time at Castle Combe action days.

Really? What about the ones that aren't driveable and are trailered away, surely the insurance would query a massive accident with no witnesses? :S

i've often wondered Karen.... it amazes me the things people try!

£50 for trackday cover is all it costs me... its a no-brainer surely?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My insurance company won't cover trackday insurance at Castle Combe, but they will everywhere else.

Castle Combe is only 10mins from me too.

A4 Avant
Do you think people don't want pictures of their accidents on the net in case it reduces the resale value of their car? If they don't go through insurance and pay themselves it wouldn't be recorded as having been in an accident?

CTR--VX220D
Karen said:
Really? What about the ones that aren't driveable and are trailered away, surely the insurance would query a massive accident with no witnesses? :S

My VX220 was rolled and witten off with no witnesses - I have just had a payout ;)

BTW.... which trackday insurance do people on here use? [one offs - not the included ones like greenlight, etc]

Dan 172 said:
My insurance company won't cover trackday insurance at Castle Combe, but they will everywhere else.

Castle Combe is only 10mins from me too.

yeah Greenlight cover all UK tracks except Castle Combe too... i was chatting to the guy on the phone and he said its because of the amount of crashes and claims they used to have as a result of Combe...

Nige182 said:
Do you think people don't want pictures of their accidents on the net in case it reduces the resale value of their car? If they don't go through insurance and pay themselves it wouldn't be recorded as having been in an accident?

yes, i do think that. But its mostly because of the insurance aspect.