ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy spoiler issue

Passat
When I bought my Trophy the boot struts were knackered. The boot wouldn't open fully - and wouldn't stay open when you let go of it. I got some new struts from Renparts and the boot now opens fully and operates as it should....well, nearly. When the boot is opened to its full extent, the back of the spoiler touches the roof of the car. Over the last few weeks it has started to leave a small mark on the roof as they collide.

Sooooo, did the Trophy come with different struts to accommodate the larger spoiler? I'm not even sure its the size of the spoiler thats the issue to be honest.

The mark on the roof is not too much of an issue right now as I will be getting it resprayed soon...but obviously I don't want it happening when I've forked out for new paint.

Any suggestions? Does anyone even have the slightest clue what I'm on about?

Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is the spoiler fitted tight to the boot lid?

So when the boot opens the gap is not to small, picts would help.

225 Cup & Williams
Trophies had smaller struts the same ones used on the Clio v6. As said above though BMW 1 series struts fit.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Anyone got the part number or link to the BMW struts as my boot struts are fubared!!!!

Passat
Its heartening to see that I'm not talking complete s**t. I'll look into the BMW ones then. Cheers folks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup Danny boy.

Oh they're off a V6.... bum rape me please sir.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The Clio trophy came with the V6 spoiler on the back which needed shorter tailgate struts and would not allow the boot to open fully.
If the standard strus are put on it causes the spoiler to hit off the roof.

Here is Renaults Part number and price.

TailgateStrut.gif

The BMW series 1 struts are very cheap and they are ment to be a perfect replacement for the V6 ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-1-SER...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab750d9ae

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'd love to know who found out that the 1 series struts fit the clio, great find that.

Yeah, similar to the Skoda Fabia Splitter. Its the joys of Renault making their own prices up at stupid rates. Luckily some people are happy to try alternatives and share the results.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
WOW, Thank F**K I read this thread before I fitted my newly Salvaged Trophy Spoiler.... back to the breakers to loot a 1 series!

172 Cup
In the meantime get a bit of string just a bit shorter than the size of the boot opening :)
Or tape a brick to the inside of the tailgate so it won't open as fast or as far.

Passat
Yes I know mate but I need the number. Somebody has put a number up but I want to make sure it's right before I buy two. Nobody seems to be too sure so I'd like somebody to have a look at the original part.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Yes I know mate but I need the number. Somebody has put a number up but I want to make sure it's right before I buy two. Nobody seems to be too sure so I'd like somebody to have a look at the original part.

The original original strut? :) Hang on a minute.

Passat
As on page 1, 60200 14 070

Is that from your strut or from the website?

The 1 series struts are the right size but don't fit properly to the ball joint on the car. There is a tiny retaining pin that won't fit in place. I guess you could deal with it but I opened my boot the other day and the strut was falling off.

SGS do a version for the Trophy - but the picture they have up is of a standard 182. It makes me think they might have labeled the part up incorrectly...so I'd like confirmation from someone with access to an original part - which seems to be a big f**king ask.

Inferno 225 cup
Yes! He has changed the picture since I contacted him on Yesterday. Right, I'll buy two of those little b******s. Thanks for your help

No Mate, thank you. I need them as well and if you had problems with the BMW 1's then I probably would had.

Let me know how you go with these mate.

I'm not to far from them either. :)

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Look at the part number in blue, that is incorrect, I think that is the part no. for newer model Clio?

Passat
Right, I can't believe the problems I'm having with these bloody struts! Can someone please look on their original Trophy struts and tell me what pressure it says on the side. They should have 340 newtons in them but can somebody please confirm this.