ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Truth about the extra 10hp in 182s

Iceberg 172

A friend in the trade puts it down to the inlet manifold? Any truth in this? Thought Id ask you guys in the know!
Anything an easy swap onto a MKII 172 to release more power?

they are exactly the same between 172 and 182.

You can get good and bad uns simply down to the 2 halfs that you randomly get and how well they match up.

THe exhaust manifold however is far less restrictive.

Embarrassed to say

Mine in this hot weather, feels like it could be scalped by one of the wannabe coldhatch variety - vrs, st, perhaps even electric cars, bicycles etc... i feel well vulnerable.

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 02 May 2005

Mine in this hot weather, feels like it could be scalped by one of the wannabe coldhatch variety - vrs, st, perhaps even electric cars, bicycles etc... i feel well vulnerable.
Induction kit?

The 182 manifold is different but its mainly down to the exhaust manifold, sports cat and different exhaust.
However there are other changes ie different head casting (which is infact a step backwords)