ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trying to find the correct middle exhaust

ejk

Clio RS Ragnotti
Hi,

I am desperately trying to get the correct exhaust for my 2004 Clio RS ph2 Ragnotti (I think it's called Cup in the UK) but so far I have been unsuccesful. This is the part I am looking for: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3518/bsi4ulqewkkgrhquokicevp.jpg

The story so far:
- My car has a double kat, as used on some RS ph1's.
- I am not sure wheter a Ragnotti originally came with a double kat
- The exhaust is resonation terrible so I ordered one from Renault, based on the chassis number
- I received an exhaust that was about 4cm short!
- As far as I can find, the double kat is shorter than the single one and thus needs a longer exhaust.
- Renault cannot confirm this and says it doesn't matter anyway because all exhausts are the same. The size they had ordered would fit both.
- When I claimed that this was not the case and even showed it at the dealer's with the vehicle on the lift, they simply stated that there's probably something wrong with my car.

My questions to anybody here:
- Can anybody confirm that a Clio RS with a double kat needs a longer exhaust than one with a single kat?
- Does anybody know the correct Renault partnumber for the long exhaust?
- Does anybody know wheter a Ragnotti came with a single or a double kat?

Cheers,
Erik

ITB'd MK1
if you have a cat for a ph1 without a 2nd lambda sensor, then you need the center section to match. Very early ph1

you would not have had that cat as standard, and you should have 2 lambda sensors

172/1.2/E30
I have an adapter from an aftermarket system floating around which comes inbetween the shorter cat and the middle section if that is any help for you.

EDIT: I have a ph2 cat aswell...

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've got a standard PH1 centre section and it looks a little (Not much) longer than the one in the pic.

It would be the first i've saw if it came from the factory with a twincat

ejk

Clio RS Ragnotti
Only one lambda sensor on my double kat.

There is a connector for a second sensor but obviously that one is not connected.

If a previous owner switched from two sensors (single kat) to one sensor (double kat) wouldn't there be an error code from the computer?

if you have a cat for a ph1 without a 2nd lambda sensor, then you need the center section to match. Very early ph1

you would not have had that cat as standard, and you should have 2 lambda sensors

ejk

Clio RS Ragnotti
That would help. Would you sell it?

I have an adapter from an aftermarket system floating around which comes inbetween the shorter cat and the middle section if that is any help for you.

EDIT: I have a ph2 cat aswell...