ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to save a £300 172 cup

172 cup
Change of plan the cars going to Beaniesport on Friday for the cambelt and exhaust to be fitted

I'm picking up some bits from James Seaton that have been aqua blasted to tidy up the bay too

Fitted the engine mount with powerflex Bush and painted the bolts
77fd06f029aa1c962d18dd4f3530f967.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Second that with Chris. Mines going back in a couple of weeks for more work. I also did the Aqua Blasting on my cup, really happy with how it came out.
53975af540681783d146d59ae64c3639.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

172 cup
Second that with Chris. Mines going back in a couple of weeks for more work. I also did the Aqua Blasting on my cup, really happy with how it came out. View attachment 1488884

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

That looks sweet hope mine comes out as good as that tbh the cars a bit of a beater but I'm slowly working my way through it

172 cup
Cam belt and water pump a dephaser pulley and resealed the rocker cover was done by beaniesport Friday

So I've cracked on with it today and ordered a few parts

New Alternator
New radiator
Used power staring pump as it was leaking
Thermostat and gaskets for the block piece as I've got a clean one to fit
Breather gasket on the rocker cover
Power stearing fluid

I've flushed all the pink antifreeze from the engine ready for genuine antifreeze

Blown all the power stearing lines through ready for new oil

Start painting a few bits ready for when it goes back together

And a few pics of the car it actually looks good from 20ft away [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

dd8b2e13301c5aa9bac83844337c878c.jpg
ff4e57c6d83538a69cf89783120b1573.jpg
e4d49b9b2bffe4b20c888504d5b79485.jpg
0f97ad2a3844da3f59a75348c3c762c2.jpg

d5075bd670bc5967b43ae7750321968a.jpg

Last edited:
  172 cup
Needs 64 litres of Triple Qx pink m8 [emoji23]
That should get me to the end of the road and back [emoji1787]

I had pink stuff in it but now I've got the genuine green stuff I shoved the hose pipe
Down the heater matrix pipe and flushed through the system so should be good to go when the rad gets here

IW365

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup 2002
Removed all the brake Calipers today, cleaned and painted nothing special just a quick blow over, I wanted to check out the Calipers more than anything

My buddy phoned to say he had a scrapper on and did I need any parts, so I grabbed a couple of window seals a gear gaitor and a rear light cluster to sort out a rusty terminal

Painted the wiper arms too

Not a bad day considering I've been to work for 8 hours too View attachment 1469499View attachment 1469500View attachment 1469501

View attachment 1469503

Hi, how easy is it to remove the wiper arms? I've had a quick go and the appear to be stuck fast...is there any advice you can give to remove them?

Great thread by the way👍

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hi, how easy is it to remove the wiper arms? I've had a quick go and the appear to be stuck fast...is there any advice you can give to remove them?

Great thread by the way👍
Get yourself a ball joint puller. Below is just an example. Lots of places sell them.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pr...KpOtNGLHdjePFYeflXRoCuFoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

When you use the puller, lift the wiper arm away from the windscreen slightly and that takes the tension off the spring. The passenger side always seems to be the hardest to get off.
Give the splines a good soak with wd40 first. Put a bit of copper grease on the splines so it makes it easy if you ever have to take them off again in the future.

IW365

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup 2002
Get yourself a ball joint puller. Below is just an example. Lots of places sell them.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pr...KpOtNGLHdjePFYeflXRoCuFoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

When you use the puller, lift the wiper arm away from the windscreen slightly and that takes the tension off the spring. The passenger side always seems to be the hardest to get off.
Give the splines a good soak with wd40 first. Put a bit of copper grease on the splines so it makes it easy if you ever have to take them off again in the future.

Thanks for that, I'll grab one of those next time I'm out 👍

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a thread revival, but we now own this car - I hope it wasn't stolen or cloned :ROFLMAO:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a thread revival, but we now own this car - I hope it wasn't stolen or cloned :ROFLMAO:

After reading this are you more or less satisfied with your purchase?

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
After reading this are you more or less satisfied with your purchase?
Just gone through the whole thread - found it by searching for how to rip a Clifford alarm out. I've seen a lot of Clios over the years and I never would have guessed how much work has been done on it because it's tidy and looks a good one. Happy with the buy and probably happier now seeing all the love it's had and the things we probably won't have to replace any time soon.