ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tungsten hybrid up and running

Tungy
As some of you know I have recently fitted my Megane F7R engine and it's running spot on. I did have trouble getting it running but it turned out to be the fuiel injectors seized up. But it's fine now and does seem fast! I gave it a good clean and polish tonight and here are some pics! (not the best of quality but the sun was glaring and I was being quick)

DSCF0335.jpg

Back to ph1 grilleness! Ph1 ftw!
DSCF0336.jpg

DSCF0330-1.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

And one of the bay as it stands right now. Needs some covers and general tidying and stuff
DSCF0328-1.jpg

Here's a quick spec list for those interested.

Renault Megane 2.0 F7R bottom end (55k miles)
Clio 1.8 16v head
Kent cams
Piper vernier pulleys
Renault 5 GTT uprated clutch
Clio 16v flywheel
JB3 valver gearbox
Standard 16v exhaust manifold
Gunnerchip in ph1 ecu
Hillpower Induction kit
Magnex exhaust system and decat

New parts during overhaul:
Cambelt kit w/ tensioner and idler
Bottom end gasket set
Headgasket set
Valeo uprated clutch kit
Auxilliary belt
Waterpump
Thermostat
Spark plugs
Oil filter and oil

Thanks for your interest.

Brad

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can you tell me your address please?

I'd like to come round and purchase it. Now.

Seriously.

Tungy
Can you tell me your address please?

I'd like to come round and purchase it. Now.

Seriously.

Yeah... Offer me the right money ;)

On a serious note though, it's not mint. Arches are going, so I'm looking to get them repaired and resprayed before fcs!

Thanks for the nice comments though guys.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Brad, you know I like the Tungy! :Approve:

Looks very clean in the pics, unlike how it was when you came to Star City.

M

mini-valver

Dan, you'll just buy it, look at it and sell it ;)

The only thing I'd change is the lights as they dont seem to sit right, other than that It's MINT! ONe of my favourite cars on here since I saw it at last years Star city meet, credit to you mate!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Probably! lol

I have wanted a tungsten Hybrid since i was... like.... 6 years old! (well, you know what i mean!)

I love them. AmirClio's car was the SEXIEST thing. Ever.

FULL FAT 182
Looks like all of the hard effort has payed off, imo i would get a new pair of headlights as it would finish it off. :)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Probably! lol

I have wanted a tungsten Hybrid since i was... like.... 6 years old! (well, you know what i mean!)

I love them. AmirClio's car was the SEXIEST thing. Ever.

it was a bag of poo! old banger was what i used to call it lol

(altho it was faster than my 182 :()

Tungy
Amirs did look nice but unfortunately he wasn't the worlds greatest engineer, and the current owner has had loads of problems. I'm tempted to put my standard lights back in if I can find them, and maybe get a HID kit this summer. The trims under the lights sit really s**t, they dont fit like they do on the originals :( Dan you just sold your 172 and looking to come back to the old skool then?

M

mini-valver

It's where the wing meets them at the bottom more fella....

Brand new standards and its perfect!...................................................IMO :eek:

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
im not surprised hes had lots of problems, i always thought it was dodgy but i dont know anything about cars and amir always said it was amazing! (when the engine actually started and we hadnt broken down that is!)

Tungy
uprated clutch was a bargain! £26 from ebay, buy of the build that was. I think maybe it has had a respray from previous owner, but not in the 'nearly' 2 years I've had it. Pics do it justice to be fair!

HBT 172 Cup
im not surprised hes had lots of problems, i always thought it was dodgy but i dont know anything about cars and amir always said it was amazing! (when the engine actually started and we hadnt broken down that is!)

Well since ive had it, ive replaced 2 headgaskets, given it a new engine, replaced brake calipers, hoses, clutches, gearboxes e.t.c

Its getting to where it should be ;), you can tell amir its being done properly this time!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looking Good Fella... Would love a Hybrid as a Project but many Factors are Stopping me :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Such a fine example of how it should be done! Liking it, i notice that you havent had the centre caps sprayed aswell as the wheel, intresting my F1's are getting sprayed and i decided against spraying of the centre caps also, this it looks great!

Have you got any performance figs>!>?

Tungy
Tbh mate I was wanting to spray the centre caps aswell. But I had the wheels powdercoated and obviously centre caps are plastic. Was going to paint them seperately but just never bothered. No performance figs I'm afraid yet. Mad a couple of vids yesterday. Will upload them in a bit.

Little bit dissapointed with the performance after about 80 though. I guess it could be a combo of things i.e. valver exhaust manifold, crappy induction kit, normal unleaded? Still, I'm looking to create a scuttle panel induction in the next few weeks.

120d M Sport
Love this. Tungsten Grey is the best colour on the MK1s i reckon, unless ur lucky enuf to have a williams. Fair play to u

vers le haut doigt milieu
What does it do if u reaplace the F7R head with a 16S/16valver head? nice car tho.

Tungy
Cheers guys. Bash, the megane F7R head runs with DIS (Distributorless Ignition System) basically it's just one big pack that goes straight to your spark plugs, and it won't run in a clio 16v without
A. Standalone Management
B. Having head machined to fit a dizzy

So it's easier just to fit a williams f7r or 16v f7p head. Finding a williams head can be hard and I got quids in by selling the megane head and buying an f7p head.

Tungy
My girlfriend lives in Tamworth mate. But I wasn't there this weekend no. Quite often pass snowdome when I get onto the A5 to come home.