ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning Clio 172

Hey all,

Got a phase 1 172 with, at present, KTR Stealth Exhuast and ITG panel filer but now want to look at getting more power. Got approx £1000 (max) to spend and was looking at: Decat pipe plus Matched Inlets plus Group N ECU, any suggestions on if thats a good way to go or does someone have a better idea?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
What you have listed can be done for under for £450.... De-cat £70, remap £150, Inlets £200... I have all the above done on mine & am very happy with the power/torque, mines also stripped out on coillys & its has turned it into an over size go-kart, so much fun to drive :evil:

Only other thing you could do would be cams but then it stops becoming a dailly driver as your power is higer in the RPM so you have to drive it alot harder to go any where which is ace if your in the mode but at half 6 in the morning on the way to work :dapprove:

great stuff, i know it will be pricier getting KTEC to do it but im useless at DIY and as i use mine for work every day, its got to be done reliably and properly. I reckon i could get a bit more done for my £1000 notes then. Any suggestions?

clio 172, pulsar, evo
hey, not meaning to hi jack your thread but im curious to know what sort of power james is producing? and how different it is from standard?

i havent decided if its worth tuning my 172. seems alot of money for a little power on every aspect, though i didnt get a 172 to tune it.
I put a stealth and filter on mine (only to replace the blowing exhaust) its pretty punchy as it is.
im used to driving turbo cars so it feels a bit slower though far more pogressive but i still want a daily driver- and nothing too loud.

so id be interested if i could do something similar to james if the power is good enough for the price.;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Mine could be making any where from 185-195bhp, do bare in mind standard is only around 165-170bhp if your lucky! Hits surrey rolling road on the 6th september :cool: all current progress on mine can be found here - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=340164

It has transformed alot since i bought it 3 months ago, when i first bought it i felt it was fairly quick but not like other cars i have driven but now, its an animal, so raw, pulls really well from 3,000rpm all the way to 7,800rpm :evil: , main notice is the torque, from 4,000rpm you are back in the seat till gear change time, which comes round very quick through the first 3 gears :D

The spec at the moment ( off the top of my head so may have forgoten bits lol )

* Itg pannel filter
* Mathced Inlets, from Angel works
* Acoustic valve removed
* Improved cold air-feeds
* Group N re-map
* Gray's 2.5" bore de-cat
* Powerflow 2.5" bore full stainless sytem

Sits on coil overs & is probarbly ligheter than a Cup with all the weight removal

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
For the other £600 mate, FK coilovers & bremob max grooved discs, & the thing will just keep you smilling, Have kept over 3 car lenths on a Civic type r upto triple figures!

clio 172, pulsar, evo
hmm, sounds interesting. id be tempted to tune it if it is like you say. hopefully see you about surrey lol i live in epsom now. would be interesting to see the difference

Pearl Black 172
After doing same sort of stuff to my phase 2.
Mine is also daily driver and was thinking manifold, sports cat, cat back system and map. Already fitted panel filter. Is that a good set-up and much am i looking at for all that. Also i want the exhaust to be silent :)

Pearl Black 172
Was thinking about just dropping it about 20-30mm on some springs as i am happy with the handling and dont want to ruin the ride

Black 172 ph2
Get some H&R coilovers then mate! Don't ruin the standard ride at all but get it low and handles loads better than standard!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Suspension will make you quicker than 1k spent on power will. H&R's, KW's, or AST's for coilovers.

BLACK GOLD 182
get coilies and some good brakes first then look to make your car insane perfomance wise (cams, manifold, remap)