ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbine colours on a mk2 ph2 in black?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
bought myself some turbines, got my tyres so all i need now is to colour the turbines!

wass thinking white, but then had the idea of a gun metal colour??or anthracite?

my car is a 3 door in black, will be lowered 35mm when they go on aswell so any ideas off anyone would be good, apart from lowering it at the minute it is completely standard bodywork wise if that makes a difference??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
finally a response!!

im not too sure on which to go for, as im aware that white wheels will be a b**ch to keep clean, but they would stand out a lot more, which colour is easier to get a good finish with, ie show up the imperfections more??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
anyone got any ideas?!

all you people bored at work on a friday afternoon?!

Yeah i would go for white with a polished lip mate, will warn you now turbines are an absolute b*tch to clean take me longer to do the wheels that the car!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeh i know, i bought one of those brushes to get inbetween the blades!!

was thinking anthracite now or a gun metal, i know white will be a bit(h to keep clean.

if anyone fancies a photoshop...

top of the pyramid
be different get em in that green that fred had his wheels in like a kawasaki green other wise go for dark anracite witha polished lip

ps do you know were i can get a really cheap set, dont mind about curbing or owt want something to refurbish my self?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
no mate i havent, they arent on the car yet, i could post a pic of the car and one of the wheels if that helps??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
haha, no definate decision yet, give me some ideas and i might choose it!!

Leeds VTO, not sure if these pics will help??

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
not sure how much it would cost, and will many wheel refurbers etc be able to do it?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
quite like the idea of mirror polished to be honest but would it not be a bigger job over just spraying/powdercoating??

top of the pyramid
100_1278.gif

on a rs but you get the idea was at RWS 05

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
not too sure what i want, i want it to stand out so its noticeable, but at the same time i dont want it to look stupid if you get me...

if you fancy doing any photoshops then dont let me stop you!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeh i know what you mean, could do with some photoshops being done, any takers??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
right, had a stab at the wheels earlier, im thinking definately a polished lip, but not sure what colour to go for...any ideas people, thought i would have more interest in this!!!

RenaultSport 172.
why not just go silver?

origional look, subtle...and the class is there!
thats what colour im having my turbines sprayed on friday...exept myns going on a mk1 in red....stilll

silver...;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thing is most alloys are silver, and just want my car to be a bit different, today i thought about gun-metal with a polished lip??

if anyone fancies doing a photoshop then please do!