ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbo’d Clios

Right, same as many people on the board Im sure...I want a turbod lump in my phase 1 clio. I know theres a few options available, but Im not really sure wot one is best. Theres lots of factors to consider so could u please give any info possible. Ive only got three engines down at the moment but feel free to add more.

Engine: Renault 5 GTT

0-60:

Top Speed:

BHP:

Fit in Clio (Yes/No):

Amount of work needed:

Has it been done before?:

Engine: Renault 21 Turbo

0-60:

Top Speed:

BHP:

Fit in Clio (Yes/No):

Amount of work needed:

Engine: Volvo 440 Turbo

0-60:

Top Speed:

BHP:

Fit in Clio (Yes/No):

Amount of work needed:

volvo engine cant be tuned further without spending loads!

21 turbo engine, will fit, but for that amount of work (its not mounted transversly) id put a cossie lump in!

5 Turbo, easily done check our website for details and contacts !

Cheers for the info :)

I really am considering the GTT engine, but Ive been told that for you (TT) to do the conversion u need the whole car (R5GTT) rather than just box and engine. I guess this is for the driveshafts, wiring etc but is there a cheaper way?

Wot sort of labour costs am I looking at if I dump my Clio 1.4 and a working R5GTT on you?

PM me if u like, cos Im seriously considering getting it done this summer.

Also, I had a look at your website and was wondering what sort of performance brakes can be fitted to my car? I rang K-Tec and they said that all they had was solid discs and performance pads. I bought the pads, but really want drilled/grooved discs. The car started life as a 1.2 RL but is now a 1.4.

you dont need promotion, we have dropped the prices for club members, if you drop a good 5turbo down and your clio we will carry out the conversion for just over £1k! there are lots of options that can be done whilst carrying out the conversion so best thing would be to call us (after 6:30 when i have a spare five minuites to chat) i would be more than happy to sort a budget to fit your requirements!

You could get a valver lump, THEN get it turbod and fitted, but obviousally that is not going to be as cheap as a R5GTT transplant.