ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo’d Clios

Right, same as many people on the board Im sure...I want a turbod lump in my phase 1 clio. I know theres a few options available, but Im not really sure wot one is best. Theres lots of factors to consider so could u please give any info possible. Ive only got three engines down at the moment but feel free to add more.

Engine: Renault 5 GTT

0-60:

Top Speed:

BHP:

Fit in Clio (Yes/No):

Amount of work needed:

Has it been done before?:

Engine: Renault 21 Turbo

0-60:

Top Speed:

BHP:

Fit in Clio (Yes/No):

Amount of work needed:

Engine: Volvo 440 Turbo

0-60:

Top Speed:

BHP:

Fit in Clio (Yes/No):

Amount of work needed:

volvo engine cant be tuned further without spending loads!

21 turbo engine, will fit, but for that amount of work (its not mounted transversly) id put a cossie lump in!

5 Turbo, easily done check our website for details and contacts !

Cheers for the info :)

I really am considering the GTT engine, but Ive been told that for you (TT) to do the conversion u need the whole car (R5GTT) rather than just box and engine. I guess this is for the driveshafts, wiring etc but is there a cheaper way?

Wot sort of labour costs am I looking at if I dump my Clio 1.4 and a working R5GTT on you?

PM me if u like, cos Im seriously considering getting it done this summer.

Also, I had a look at your website and was wondering what sort of performance brakes can be fitted to my car? I rang K-Tec and they said that all they had was solid discs and performance pads. I bought the pads, but really want drilled/grooved discs. The car started life as a 1.2 RL but is now a 1.4.

you dont need promotion, we have dropped the prices for club members, if you drop a good 5turbo down and your clio we will carry out the conversion for just over £1k! there are lots of options that can be done whilst carrying out the conversion so best thing would be to call us (after 6:30 when i have a spare five minuites to chat) i would be more than happy to sort a budget to fit your requirements!

You could get a valver lump, THEN get it turbod and fitted, but obviousally that is not going to be as cheap as a R5GTT transplant.