ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Clio in Loughborough

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Having a bloomin nightmare with a clio turbo me and a mate won on Ebay.

We cant get the car to boost correctly. It bogs then boost and massive backfire after load is removed.

We have receipts for the conversion, it all looks "there" and everything seems dandy. Until we run it.

I have a receipt for a KTEC group N chip - which AFAIK is fitted. I believe this to be an incorrect item.

Is anyone in the Loughborough are who could help us two out ? We are veterans of the five turbo era and these new fangled injection systems are all new to us !

Many thanks

Andy

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I failed there didn't I ?

Clio 172 fly by wire. Closed loop fpr, megane injectors, gt28 turbo, low comp pistons. Aftermarket air filter, stealth exhaust.

big boost cup
Thats a generic map I think needs a proper live map to get the best out of it. other than that im not sure on fixing it

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I believe you afe correct. It plain doesn't seem to work. Mash the throttle it lags then boosts. Followed by a misfire on lift.

Compression test has been done and reads 150-180-150-180

no wet test was carried out.

big boost cup
it can be done on standard management but not as good going by posts on here. personally id look into a decent aftermarket ecu.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
What's it boosting? Could be a A lambda sensor fault it's probably detting and the knock sensor is picking it up and trying to adjust the timing.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Also if it's just a group n map it woudnt start let alone run, ktec offered a mapped standard Ecu before they bought out the gen90

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Max 9 psi. Only misses like a good one when revs are low and trying to come on boost. When booting seems fine. Hard to fully test as no mot :( cant get one as testing place won't pass it due to emissions and rough running.

big boost cup
the group N is just an "off the shelf map" as for ecus Ktec gen90. TDF do the ecu1? efi parts do the adaptronic which is meant to be rather good.

HBT 172 Cup
Technical talk. Understand that :)

any recommended ecu? Can I remap my group n?

I'm biased because i have one, but its a no brainer IMO. Ktec GEN90, plug and play dont have to touch the loom, drives the stock DBW throttle (if you have a ph2). But its by no means cheap!

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I'll look T te most cost effective method. Really cloud do with someone who has a clue o take a look and help us change ecu just in case.

Scoff stuff is amazing but out of my price range. What's a group n ecu worth second hand.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Is it the black one from Essex off eBay a while ago? 9psi sounds like a low pressure turbo kit running to much boost, have you tried lowering the boost?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Maybe for yours laine ;) This is a early ktec lpt running a map on standard Ecu, I have had this issue on mine since I did it (very slight in comparision to the op) new plugs/coil pack/leads/injector cleaner/endless mapping and timing check Paul at rstuning put it down to a not very healthy engine, basically it's either running to much boost for standard internals, somthing is breaking down under load or ut is detting its tits off, I doubt it has low comp pistons.

My only option at the time was after market management.

Im now going low comp

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe for yours laine ;) This is a early ktec lpt running a map on standard Ecu, I have had this issue on mine since I did it (very slight in comparision to the op) new plugs/coil pack/leads/injector cleaner/endless mapping and timing check Paul at rstuning put it down to a not very healthy engine, basically it's either running to much boost for standard internals, somthing is breaking down under load or ut is detting its tits off, I doubt it has low comp pistons.

My only option at the time was after market management.

Im now going low comp

So map and pistons is my only route ?

Could I lower the boost and hope ?

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Whipped off the ECU. Looks like a standard ECU - all renault markings and the s118303106 SIEMENS SIRIUS 34 typed into ebay comes back as a standard ECU.
It has in feint blue marked LPT ( low pressure turbo ) so I guess it has a map of sorts on it ?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I would back the boost off a touch and see how it drives, if all is well I would get it mapped by RS tuning or tdf in the traders section.

421 Cammed 172
You need data logs for a decent map from the rs tuner and can take several attempts and data logs to get it running right.

421 Cammed 172
My turbo knowledge is extremely limited, I've got an Ibiza cupra that won't boost fully and sounds like a tractor lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
Stand alone or piggy back the only way to get this running right IMO. I use the adaptronic ecu mapped by scoff and would recommend it.

What map sensor do you have?