ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Clio in Loughborough

172 cup, Impreza P1
You could end up throwing good money after bad trying to get the stock ecu to do something it's not designed for. Keep your eyes open for even an omex unit that would do a better job.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
K-tec used to farm out the remapping on the stock ECU for these. Never seen one done right, which is why they stopped having it done and developed the GEN90. We converted a handful of K-tec mechanically prepped turbo conversions to standalone back in the GDI/Omex days and the difference was night and day. For anything like this the stock ECU is tripe

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Rs tuner will be locked to that car, you can get it unlocked by henk, you won't get a lpt map for a Rs tuner, did you try backing the boost off? Or have you even tried driving it with no boost?

340i
Take it to somebody who knows these cars... It needs the map / engine / boost pressure checking.

You could waste £100's checking and changing things with no real knowledge of the problem.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Take it to somebody who knows these cars... It needs the map / engine / boost pressure checking.

You could waste £100's checking and changing things with no real knowledge of the problem.

Thats the idea. Hence this post. Noone has offered to come over ?!

I cant get the car to anyone as it has no tax and test ...

172 cup, Impreza P1
Hire a trailer or see if someone can take it somewhere for you.

You will need to get an aftermarket ecu first though.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I really want to just try it with a low boost reflash ( if possible ) as I want to rule out the chip.

Compression test is fine ( 150-180-150-180 )

Dizzy / plugs / leads have been changed.

I am convinced it is the bad/poor LPT map provided on the chip. Even KTEC who supplied the early chip recommend going down the Gen90 route.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Have you tried anything I have suggested?

the map is not just going to change itself.

and ktec will recommended the gen90 as it costs £1090 + mapping!

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried anything I have suggested?

In reference to backing off the boost - no I cant , unless I just remove the rod completely. Its already got a long arm ..

the map is not just going to change itself.
I am aware of this ! Its run like a bag o' spanners since I have had it !

and ktec will recommended the gen90 as it costs £1090 + mapping!
STB ! thats a lot of brass.

I am convinced its either lambda , or it has run like this since it was modded.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Is it still running 2 lambda sensors? If yes switch them round as there the same bar the length of cable, I'd be surprised if the engine would have lasted if it was running that bad on the original map, let alone the owner parting with over 3k for a dog of a car, I remember the car on eBay and it was listed countless times, and the final time he added that it wasn't running right, so maybe it has materialised over time.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Seem to have the car running a bit better now - it also in Doncaster with me.

Cleaned the TDC sensor ( it appeared to be a little corroded )

Does anyone in the Doncaster area have CLIP that I could borrow to see if it has thrown any fault codes ?

Seem to have the car running a bit better now - it also in Doncaster with me.

Cleaned the TDC sensor ( it appeared to be a little corroded )

Does anyone in the Doncaster area have CLIP that I could borrow to see if it has thrown any fault codes ?

PM Josh at Renparts.

I've got a generic code reader if that's any good to you Andy?

Mate u wouls be best to stop messing with it and buy a after market ecu it will be a much much better job and the car will drive great once it's mapped , might cost abit but it will be well worth it

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the car to buy and sell. I dont have the funds / desire to buy an aftermarket ECU.

I want it running as well as it can on std ecu that has been remapped. Even with adaptronic etc it isnt going to run right if something fundamental is wrong.

I bought the car to buy and sell. I dont have the funds / desire to buy an aftermarket ECU.

I want it running as well as it can on std ecu that has been remapped. Even with adaptronic etc it isnt going to run right if something fundamental is wrong.

Are u sure its a turbo map on it tho , ? As a group n map is for a car with stock parts and no turbo

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Yes,

I have paperwork citing a group "N" chip but on closer inspection when I removed the chip from the car it is a LPT chip ( low pressure turbo ) marked on the case.

Megane r26
Ktec used to supply mapped standard ecu's to run there low pressure turbo kitted cars.

From what I have read on here they never used to be the best form of management for boosted clios.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Experience tells me you are correct fella ! I just want to get the thing running as well as it can on the KTEC kit and with tax and test. I wont sell a car I would not be 100% happy to buy.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

something fundamental IS wrong, you're using the standard ECU!!!

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Its not quite the standard ECU - I appreciate where you are coming from - but its a remapped ECU. Ok it doesnt have quite the parameter range as an standalone system but it should be able to do the basics ..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Its not quite the standard ECU - I appreciate where you are coming from - but its a remapped ECU. Ok it doesnt have quite the parameter range as an standalone system but it should be able to do the basics ..

nope, you're fighting a losing battle. Too much conflicting information from rescaled sensors. Ph1's can just about cope as they run cable throttle, but add fly-by-wire in and you may aswell just walk away.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I checked and cleaned everything on the loom today. Car is now a lot more responsive.

I think it needs and italian style tune up on the way to the MOT place