ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo cup or fd3?

133/225/CLS AMG
Turbo the Clio mate, it'd be wicked! :)

As much as everyone can say, 'It'd only a Clio, why bother' it's YOUR Clio and for all it's flaws it makes up for it by sticking a smile on yoru face. Let alone one that could surprise most average Subaru/Evo/BMW drivers.

Put it this way, when I had my first 172 a Corsa pulled up alongside me. It had a loud exhaust and unpainted bumpers, I just assumed it was a 1.2 with a big exhaust. Pulled off at the lights, put my foot down and had my brand new shiny 172 annihilated by what turned out to be a 250bhp 2.0 GSI engined Corsa with throttle bodies. To me that's kinda cool and a turbo charged Clio 172 has the same appeal.

Lets face it you could always argue 'Yes but you could get this car and that' for X amount of money. Brand new RS Twingo or E46 M3 for example but it's not all about getting the most for your money, it's about having a car that makes you grin from ear to ear!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Turbo the Clio mate, it'd be wicked! :)

As much as everyone can say, 'It'd only a Clio, why bother' it's YOUR Clio and for all it's flaws it makes up for it by sticking a smile on yoru face. Let alone one that could surprise most average Subaru/Evo/BMW drivers.

Put it this way, when I had my first 172 a Corsa pulled up alongside me. It had a loud exhaust and unpainted bumpers, I just assumed it was a 1.2 with a big exhaust. Pulled off at the lights, put my foot down and had my brand new shiny 172 annihilated by what turned out to be a 250bhp 2.0 GSI engined Corsa with throttle bodies. To me that's kinda cool and a turbo charged Clio 172 has the same appeal.

Lets face it you could always argue 'Yes but you could get this car and that' for X amount of money. Brand new RS Twingo or E46 M3 for example but it's not all about getting the most for your money, it's about having a car that makes you grin from ear to ear!

I agree with you completely mate, im after something purely for fun, a car literally just for driving. The money doesn't really concern me tbh, cars are my passion and i've worked hard to get into a position where i can afford to have something abit crazy. I do love the clio to bits and obviously a boosted one would be immense, but i quite like the thought of having the cup for a daily and a 7 for a weekend toy lol. Its a tough choice though to be honest i have massive soft spots for both clio and rx.

133/225/CLS AMG
It is a tough choice and I've not experienced either car in the state of tune you mention.

Either way no one can make your best decision. I mean let's face it if people didn't tune there cars and do crazy stuff we'd all be driving the same cars.