ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

M

mini-valver

You don know you have to rebuild the Sadev's? Lifetime garauntee but it's a serviceable item. It may not break, but it will need looking after.

Ye they said they could do me a deal with the servicing of it.

hi mate..when i asked they told me the guarantee was null and void if used on a turbo engine as they are only rated to 270ft/lb of torque..

thats why i went rebuilt box from cps with a gripper diff shot peened polished gear set etc..

1400 quid guaranteed on road tyres etc to 400bhp...plus a quickshift

money better spent else where

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
hi mate..when i asked they told me the guarantee was null and void if used on a turbo engine as they are only rated to 270ft/lb of torque..

thats why i went rebuilt box from cps with a gripper diff shot peened polished gear set etc..

1400 quid guaranteed on road tyres etc to 400bhp...plus a quickshift

money better spent else where
I told them about turbo they said they could sort one out for me.

wait and see ;)
ryan calm your spending mate, it seems a bit pointless that your goin on about getting an evo x and track prepping your 182, do one or the other IMO not both, glad to see its still goin anyway keep at it:)

ryan calm your spending mate, it seems a bit pointless that your goin on about getting an evo x and track prepping your 182, do one or the other IMO not both, glad to see its still goin anyway keep at it:)
The 182 wont be on the road if i had a evo mate

182 Clio,IbizaCupra
Lol :D not that crazy i can get a sequential box for just over 5k its not much more than a new box from Renault. Its got a lifetime grantee also up for the job. As for the dash that would only come when it goes off the road and it will be 100% stripped with a full cage.

It will require maintenance and service rebuilds, and have you spec'd one which has adequate torque hendling? driveshafts? gear selctor mechanism and indicator... all additional parts I believe.

I ask as I have been down this route for my racecar (not a clio) and to get one which was remotely close to cope with my power it was in excess of £12k, 4 years ago

Drove a customers ibiza in tenerife (sprint car) with his sadev box and fell in love with its gearchange. lovely piece of kit. unlike quaife's which was abysmal.

Nice kit..

Got a new part come the other day so fitted it last night :) miles better now as the rubber went on the other one.

18012009079.jpg

As for the boost leak i have no idea now whats wrong. Pressure tested the system and all is OK. Its very tight on the manifold and onto the engine. When you accelerate in 2nd it drops its boost faster than if your in 4th. If i take the boost controller off it still drops its boost even though its only boosting to 0.6. Could it be a map issue???

Cars going to RStuning in the morning so should find out if it has anything to do with the map. Anyone thats looked at it has no idea what it could be lol

Been to RS Tuning in today for what I hope to be the final time. Had the map tweeked so now its running the maximum 'safe' boost pressure....

These are in order of the different times that the car has been mapped...

First Map

IMG_0007.gif

IMG_0006.gif

Second Map

IMG_0002.gif

IMG_0001.gif

Third and Final Map

IMG_0003.gif

IMG_0005.gif

IMG_0004.gif

audi a6 3.0tdi
you would have got that figure from throttle bodies hardly seems worth the hassle. all in my opinion but i just don't see how you can justify all the extra expenses.

ITB'd MK1
you would have got that figure from throttle bodies hardly seems worth the hassle. all in my opinion but i just don't see how you can justify all the extra expenses.

ROFL. just no

Bit of a weird spike at 5.8k, but ignoring that, a true 280bhp+, exactly what I'd expect that setup to make :) good progress.

320d
Finally making power worth all the cash and effort Ryan. I can now see the point of this car, because anything less than 270bhp and it wouldn't be worth it imo.

Just hope you can keep it running now, theres no tuning potential left in the engine now is there?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Finally!

That's an expensive final figure, but a good one at last!

You could've at least used 98+RON fuel though lol!

ITB'd MK1
Finally!

That's an expensive final figure, but a good one at last!

You could've at least used 98+RON fuel though lol!

would have mapped it on 97, then run it on any super that's available myself. just incase 97 is all you can get. I spose using 95 works along same lines, gives a bit of a safety margin

Last edited:
surely he can't be using 95 ron after spending all that money on a turbo

might aswell get some budget tyres aswell with that power(which i am slightly jealous of lol)
Was using 95 had 1 and a half tanks of 99 since yesterday afternoon

Finally making power worth all the cash and effort Ryan. I can now see the point of this car, because anything less than 270bhp and it wouldn't be worth it imo.

Just hope you can keep it running now, theres no tuning potential left in the engine now is there?
Ye there is mate :D