ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo/Supercharger

Ph1 172
Hi,

Im sure you get this all the time and i have used the search function but cannot seem to find the answers i am after, So here goes.

Is it possible to run a turbo/supercharger on a ph1 172? If so which is better? I would also like to know where its possible to get the parts from and roughly how much i would need to spend to get it running? If anyone has any information or possibly a progress thread i could follow it would be much appreciated as i think this is now the next step. Also are they reliable? do i need to upgrade the internals or can i safely run at say 7psi? Etc... any help would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
There are alot of members on here with both Super/Turbo charged Clio's who should be able to help, the most powerful being 378bhp from memory.

Have you looked at K-tecs websiite i take it?

Listerine & Poledo
Oh, and just get the suprecharger.

May not give you the last word in total HP, but it will boost when you press the loud pedal, instead of 10 mintues later.

And Supercharger win on noise

Good luck

big boost cup
Are you going to build this yourself. phone either K tec or RS Tuning both offer both kits high or low boost pressure. i have a S/C cup and the noises from it are awesome. Dont listen to the haters on here its your car and money either kit will put a massive smile on your face

Ph1 172
think you need lessons on using the search button mate ;)

I was thinking about starting a thread about how to use the search button lol, I will be doing this along with a guy who used to work for driftworks so he knows what hes doing "fingers crossed". At this stage its all about putting prices down on paper and calculating the costs, I've heard they make 220bhp with a standard supercharger? Or is that a bit optimistic

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Remember and sell it 6 weeks after the conversion.

big boost cup
the power that they make is down to the other mods, how healthy the engine is and mapping. but they do make upwards of 220hp and 210ft/lbs

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
its horses for courses, low boost sc seem to make more horse power than low boost turbos though sim torque, for me i love the way the sc car drives (ive had about 15 turbo charged cars) when driven in anger or on track. if your going to hit the drag strip tho id go turbo. best bet would be to have a go in both if you can then go from there

Ph1 172
best bet would be to have a go in both if you can then go from there

lol i wish that was possible, to be honest its all about smoother acceleration and something that handles better, on a track you dont want to take a corner on 1/4 throttle because of torque steer, you want foot down and off you go. I think sc is the way forward

535d / t5 caravelle
I was thinking about starting a thread about how to use the search button lol, I will be doing this along with a guy who used to work for driftworks so he knows what hes doing "fingers crossed". At this stage its all about putting prices down on paper and calculating the costs, I've heard they make 220bhp with a standard supercharger? Or is that a bit optimistic

lol, good man :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, and just get the suprecharger.

May not give you the last word in total HP, but it will boost when you press the loud pedal, instead of 10 mintues later.

And Supercharger noise is utter fail

Good luck

Edited for accuracy. ;)

Anyone who thinks the supercharger whine this side of McLaren SLR sounds good, needs their ears syringing.

D.

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,
For driveability i would go for a charger!! For dragging I would do a turbo, I dont think the chassis can take a big powered turbo with out a LSD, my 240 bhp S/C clio drives like a normal 182 but with alot more punch past 4k.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
from experience i have run both a supercharger and a turbo on the sam engine, all be it not a clio, but in a vectra SRi
the centrafugal supercharger needed mpre revs that a T34 turbo to boost up,

dont alway acept the 'logic' that a supercharger develops smooth seemless power low down, from experience all i can suggest is before you spend your £000's you drive both conversions and plumb for which suits YOU better

not many people can say they have run both turbo & supercharger on the same car.....