ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo'ing my 172.

Clio 172 Ph1.
Hi guys. I've finally decited to turbo my ph 1 172.
I found a nice but used bit of kit consisting of
Brand new KTR turbo manifold
Used T28 turbocharger (dont know the spec yet)
piping for intercooler
mapsensor
omex lambdasensor
Omex 600 incl Clio specific wiring.

What else do i need for my build? I dont know which or where to buy for many of the parts.
Off course the intercooler from k-tec but then there is.
Injectors?
Spark Plugs?
Oil feed and drain for the turbo?
Downpipe?
Airfilter?

Is there anything else i need for low pressure? Im going for 0,4-0,5 bar for normal basis, and i was thinking i might overboost up to 0,7, would this be okay?
Is the headgasket a weak point?
Would i need to lower the compression?

And also, i already have decat, and c&b cams, is this ideal for the turbo setup?

Any thoughts is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
with a small turbo you will defo need to dro the comp ratio for .7bar, its not the air going in thats a problem more the air coming out the exhaust, a big turbo will give the same flow at less boost pressure and cause less of a restriction (exhaust side) tho will give a smooth drive rather than a punch that you normaly have with a turbo car

diy setup for me would use the pulsar gtir turbo unit

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Injectors? use the megane 225 ones (blue tag)
Spark Plugs? they are different, cant remember off the top of my head
Oil feed and drain for the turbo? yes ktec do it
Downpipe? again ktec
Airfilter? take your pick, small unless your relocating the battery as it tight under there ;)
intercooler try getting your hands on a forge unit
dont forget mapping!

if your going with standard internals it will be low boost 0.5 bar/7psi which im sure will be enough (to start with) keep an eye out for mine which should be complete in 1-2 months it just needs its final map (paul RS tuning) im hoping for circa 230-240bhp

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Ph1.
Thanks for your reply.
If your going for almost the same setup as me, could you then maybe find out which sparkplugs your gonna use, i just think the ones from k-tec are a little overpriced.
The injectors, should i just buy them from renault then?

As said, im going for a Omex 600 ecu to do the mapping on, so shouldnt be a problem there.
I know i wrote down mapsensor, but i dont know which unit it is, what should i be getting?

Clio 172 Ph1.
I dont insist on going to renault for the sparkplugs. I just dont know which ones to buy.
I would like the number of your mapsensor, yes. :)