ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turinis gone bananas

Breaking 172 NV676
:O I been waiting for few weeks to get some temporary wheels to get my turinis mine done yellow with blue diamonds.

I have yellow bullets and front and rear diamonds at the minute though I love it though, I had been unsure whether to take the plunge and just do it.

Might have to have a rethink now as dnt want to be the same!

More poke than viagr
I used gaffa tape to mask them - pro job (not)!!! Tyre black is desperate to get rid of my overly keen spray job

Renault badges blue is a canny idea, might give that one a whirl when I get em done properly.

The wife is threatening to never to get in my car again as she hates it, I'm yet to see a downside of painting them yellow :D

Bit of white spirit will sort it, i know from experience lol :eek:

lmao, yeah i have the same talk everytime i get something new for my car, she'll get used to it lol ;)

172 cup
Bit of white spirit will sort it, i know from experience lol :eek:

lmao, yeah i have the same talk everytime i get something new for my car, she'll get used to it lol ;)

Damn right!!!

thing is it's gonna be her car come summertime as I get the cabby out for a few months, so if she wants it different she can put the ronals back on with some new tyres :)

thanks for the comments, those of you who were "gonna do it" should still go for it! The more the merrier with yellow wheels :)

Breaking 172 NV676
Am chasing up my mate who has spare wheels for me. Definately going yellow now.

was going to have anthracite, with the inside surface yellow. But the pictures have changed my mind again

172 cup
Not a fan of colour coding other bits n pieces to be honest, I'd get a black toe eye if any. I ain't been over Blackpool mate no :) The engine bay on the other hand...

Last edited:
  172 cup
Am chasing up my mate who has spare wheels for me. Definately going yellow now.

was going to have anthracite, with the inside surface yellow. But the pictures have changed my mind again

Black/amphasite face with yellow spokes and back would look sweet I think...

I got nothing but ridicule from my peers at work, they just don't get it :)

Breaking 172 NV676
In process of getting mine done, just badges left to do the wax, tyres and fit once new black bolts arrive :)

36726_415885311760_504196760_4935668_7501237_n.jpg

Freetrack&Monaco 172
looks great do it!!!

dnt paint badges though look so much better standard

I agree, silver badges looks more OEM even with the yellow. Very nice and smart indeed!

Got my original Turinis in the garage and toying with either anthracite or red (Car is cup blue and is awaiting lots of carbon bits....heading for the stealth look) and selling the whites...............getting annoyed with trying to keep them white.

Breaking 172 NV676
The car they are going on is mondial blue (cup). Once the other bits are all painted I might start a progress thread somewhere.

Going to put loads of layers of wax on to make them easy to clean.

I was thinking about red rims or even orange, but went with yellow in the end.

ouhh ouhh!! ive got somthing like this planned for mine,keeping my turinis anthracite though!

got some oz f1's 1 week ago ready to use as track/winter wheels (allthough i might love it too much and use them as everyday wheels), oz f1 wheels getting done this week in.... wait for it, porche 911 gt3 rs signal green! wrapped in some budget t1-rs.

yeah some will be disgusted, allthough some might like it! will update this thread once there finished:rasp:

oh and a purple tow strap to break it up a little bit.

Breaking 172 NV676
I like lairy.

Why not try some toyo r1r's? My mate who owns a tyre place has just got them in. look very sexy.

Am tempted myself. was orignally going for yoko s-drives

I like lairy.

Why not try some toyo r1r's? My mate who owns a tyre place has just got them in. look very sexy.

Am tempted myself. was orignally going for yoko s-drives

just had a look on camskill £81 a corner! very expensive but good for what you pay.

for a full set of t1-rs its £116 very good price! very cheap and they do the job well enugh, great in the dry, very scary in the wet though sometimes.

thanks buddy, il give them a try and hope for the best, at £29 a corner im allready suprised how cheap they are.

wheels will be done next week and will have purple tow strap on.
pic thread by next week!:rasp:

172 cup
Silver badge looks ideal, my turinis are off now for powdercoating a slighlty lighter shade
of yellow than what I painted em... Going for gloss black wheel badges and I've ordered a new set of 2.0 badges after mine have been stolen for the second time, I glued on the cheapo 16v ones and someone plied them off with a screwdriver. My car is now permanently on the driveway

I'll drop an updated thread on when they return, would
like to compare with the other yellow wheel'd clios if
any of you are going to TRAX.

172 cup
looks good, cant say i would drive it though

My girlfriend won't drive it anymore ha! Which is a shame as I do enjoy
driving my other car once in a while :)

The Clio is rolling in it's 15s ATM but with low profile tyres and
maximum amount of coilover slammage it looks s**t.

Anyone got some 2118/superleggars for sale? 15"?

172 cup
Looks a bit cheap. In the finish that is. Look ok.

The original pics would, it's a few tins of halfrauds spray and no lacquer- fairly confident the powdercoater will return them looking stunning compared to my slightly inspired yellow moment.

I think the guy who posted on page 3 has done a lovely job of his personally, and imagine he has spent a lot of time on them in comparison to my 1 hour.

Breaking 172 NV676
Mine we sand blasted then taken to a friend to spray mg trophy yellow. :) the centres are still silver. Going to put them on and see how I feel about getting them blue. The front and rear diamonds are painted to match as are the bullets.

Should be going on Wednesday once I have my new bolts and straight mid pipe going on Sunday.

Next on the list are coillies as the wheels really need the car dropping

Breaking 172 NV676
Ktec steaths are good. :) I have the single box stealth system now and sounds great.
Wheels are now on to. Didn't have to wait for the bolts in the end as the guy at rotation sorted me some shiney new locking wheel bolts and tuner bolts so now won't scratch the wheels. I will get some pictures up at the weekend.

Only downide to yellow wheels is they get filthy in about 10 miles of driving :(

172 cup
Ktec steaths are good. :) I have the single box stealth system now and sounds great.
Wheels are now on to. Didn't have to wait for the bolts in the end as the guy at rotation sorted me some shiney new locking wheel bolts and tuner bolts so now won't scratch the wheels. I will get some pictures up at the weekend.

Only downide to yellow wheels is they get filthy in about 10 miles of driving :(

ive got a mild steel ktec, had it about 8-9 months and its getting a bit annoying now... it hangs low, needs tightening up weekly, is getting a bit rusty round the end (very slightly) and has more of a boom to it than when i bought it.

its done about 8k now and i think ill have to change it soon.

172 cup
Your wheels look spot on bud, mine are fiat broom yellow ha! They look in much better condition than the Kerbed up mess I'm rolling on ATM.

Stagecoach Ticket
Looks great mate good work. Bullets are abit ott for me though would be better cup blue with yellow writing?