ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV /Now TV / Sky / Top Box

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
So we get s**t tv coverage where we live and we've always had an old sky box and just watched the free channels you get with it.

We've gone and bought a new TV which doesn't have a SCART so can no longer plug this Sky box in.

What's the best top box solution that's internet only? Is there such a thing? I was looking at Now TV but is that a subscription? And do you have to plug a TV aerial in it?!

We just want to watch the free terrestial channels, as have Prime and Netflix for films etc!

Help!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
@jonno_c Have you looked into why your tv reception is s**t?
When I got rid of Virgin and got a freeview play box my reception was crap. I tried everything apart from getting on the roof eventually got these out to check for 4g interference which wasn't actually that bad. They still put up a new areal and pointed it better for free lol.
Worth a go!
https://at800.tv/

You can also put TVPlayer on chrome cast, xbox etc..
https://tvplayer.com/

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SCART ?! Is it 1985 still ?

If you have a sky dish still, get a freesat box ?! Or buy a newer sky+ box and do as you were doing. They can't be more than a few quid these days on eBay.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Similar question..

I use the apps on my TV as I only really watch catch up. However on the odd occassion, I want to watch ITV live for football etc. BBC app lets you watch live, but ITV doesn't. Any way around this?

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
SCART ?! Is it 1985 still ?

If you have a sky dish still, get a freesat box ?! Or buy a newer sky+ box and do as you were doing. They can't be more than a few quid these days on eBay.
I was thinking that tbh. Are the newer sky boxes hdmi then? I presume if the channel isn't HD the hdmi still carries the shitter quality picture?!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll have a spare Sky HD box (HDMI) that you can have in a month or so (when we move). I’m only going to bin it

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
I’ll have a spare Sky HD box (HDMI) that you can have in a month or so (when we move). I’m only going to bin it
Why didn't you @ me in on this! I've just f**king bought one on eBay ; (

However it does come with a card which was the main reason I bought it!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Why didn't you @ me in on this! I've just f**king bought one on eBay ; (

However it does come with a card which was the main reason I bought it!
Haha, sorry mate! Thought you’d check up on the thread, I didn’t even consider tagging you.