ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV /Now TV / Sky / Top Box

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
So we get s**t tv coverage where we live and we've always had an old sky box and just watched the free channels you get with it.

We've gone and bought a new TV which doesn't have a SCART so can no longer plug this Sky box in.

What's the best top box solution that's internet only? Is there such a thing? I was looking at Now TV but is that a subscription? And do you have to plug a TV aerial in it?!

We just want to watch the free terrestial channels, as have Prime and Netflix for films etc!

Help!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Not that it matters just yet, but I've seen that Sky are on about going cable only. No satellite starting the end of this year.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
@jonno_c Have you looked into why your tv reception is s**t?
When I got rid of Virgin and got a freeview play box my reception was crap. I tried everything apart from getting on the roof eventually got these out to check for 4g interference which wasn't actually that bad. They still put up a new areal and pointed it better for free lol.
Worth a go!
https://at800.tv/

You can also put TVPlayer on chrome cast, xbox etc..
https://tvplayer.com/

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SCART ?! Is it 1985 still ?

If you have a sky dish still, get a freesat box ?! Or buy a newer sky+ box and do as you were doing. They can't be more than a few quid these days on eBay.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Similar question..

I use the apps on my TV as I only really watch catch up. However on the odd occassion, I want to watch ITV live for football etc. BBC app lets you watch live, but ITV doesn't. Any way around this?

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
SCART ?! Is it 1985 still ?

If you have a sky dish still, get a freesat box ?! Or buy a newer sky+ box and do as you were doing. They can't be more than a few quid these days on eBay.
I was thinking that tbh. Are the newer sky boxes hdmi then? I presume if the channel isn't HD the hdmi still carries the shitter quality picture?!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll have a spare Sky HD box (HDMI) that you can have in a month or so (when we move). I’m only going to bin it

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
I’ll have a spare Sky HD box (HDMI) that you can have in a month or so (when we move). I’m only going to bin it
Why didn't you @ me in on this! I've just f**king bought one on eBay ; (

However it does come with a card which was the main reason I bought it!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Why didn't you @ me in on this! I've just f**king bought one on eBay ; (

However it does come with a card which was the main reason I bought it!
Haha, sorry mate! Thought you’d check up on the thread, I didn’t even consider tagging you.