ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

twin engined 172

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

It would be very hard.

I guess youd need at least the following

1x Mechanic
1x Rensult Clio
2x Renault Clio 172 engine
1x Toolbox

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Guess all you need now is the mechanic and the toolbox.

Seriously, this would be an awesome project to do, but finding the time cash and skills might be a little tricky

*dreaming*

oooh 4wd twin engined Clio with 344bhp on tap

would slaughter pretty much anything on wheels

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

throw in some rear wheel steering and Ill fly over there and give you a hand with the project :D

ps. You a NUTTER...anyone ever told you that?

another front subframe, a welder, another set of front end running gear.

Basically you chop the floor out, make up box sections, fit turrets int he back so that the rear end just drops onto the subframe. Bolt it up and theres 2 engines.

Gear linkage isnt to hard, clutch easiest to change to hydraulic, throttle its fly by wire as standard isnt it?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well dogmaul,

It was nice knowing you.. You will be glad to hear that I will be happy to attend your funeral.

"Dogmaul killed doing 4003mph along the M1, lost control while trying to inject some more N20"

Dog, Ill leave this one to you mate, Im happy getting by TBs done, but wow what an awsome project it would be, Ive seen piccies of twin engined willys and golfs before now, like up the coolant systems and youll be able to run one engine most of the time, and kick the other one into life when you need it as its already upto temp :D

it wouldnt be that heavy the engine dont weight that much really and after its all stripped out it wouldnt be much worse than standard might handle a bit funny tho

The handling would be awful. Im sure it would be great in a straighline but Robin Reliant owners would be laughing at you round the bends. Take note that the only twin engined cars i know of are demo cars. Then theres insurance. Buy an Elise 190.

-Rob

The ABT TT is a demo, Dubsports were all demos apart from i think 2 which were bought afterwards, none for customer use initally. I think EVO had a test on the ABT actually.

Clearly we have different mentalitys. I personally think FWD has its limitations, and there has to be a point where its only worth spending so much. For example we have people slating MX5s on this forum, though the stark reality is its a better handler than a 172 or any other FWD hot hatch i can think of. You could be spending £20k plus the cars value, think what £30k would get you? As great as it is to say "i have the most powerful car of this type" theres always someone else wholl beat you afterwards and youll get bored, and your realise youve pissed the money up the wall. Dont mean to be blunt but thats just what i think.

-Rob

Rob, are you clinically depressed?

its it possible for you to smile?

tea, cream?.....one prozac or 2?

I was gonna say exactly what Chris_H said as its the way most people do it.

If no, build a tubular frame to hold all the front end running gear location points, but cuting the floorplan and using a locked spare front end is the easiest way.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

ya, every quote from rob on any topic is depressing or negative...wheres my pills?