ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

type R vs Cup

me and me mate were out testing the cup againts the type R today! and although people have been arguing about the comparison i have to say it was pretty even steven! i wasnt pulling away neitehr was he! throughout the gears up to about 80 it was evenly matched!

cup = 1100 miles

type R = 6000miles and an indution kit!

lol but the lad on the bike got a ticket today when he went past us, three points and a £60 fine!!! haha hes gutted!

CTR EK9 turbo

ive raced 3 different CTRs, 2 of which over a tonne and neither pulled away. Both were even all the way to terminal velocity. None could gain or pull away from each other. Especially up a long hill when he tried to overtake and if anything fell back a bit. (about 25+ miles of dual carriage that one in particular)

i really think thats theres nothing in it between them! despite what the book says and other comments ive read about thrashing them! no chance there very quick!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 05 April 2003

After 100 the CTR would start pulling away.
After reading the first post I was prepared to bet my life that someone would say exactly what you did. Sooooooooo predictable :sleep:

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I bet the bloke on the bike was gutted, looks like hes just bought it!!

CTR EK9 turbo

i bet the type R guy was gutted, he just bought an induction kit freeing up about 15 bhp alegedly!! ;)

0-62 in the Cup (6.5) is alledgedly 0.2 secs quicker, both have a 0-100 of 16.7. Im glad to see in reallity acup can hold a CTR as I have been a passenger in one and they do feel damn quick.

That induction seems to be poorly placed. Correct me if Im wrong, but the filter is nearly above the exhaust manifold ie. loads of hot air.