ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Dressings

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Has the car even moved? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Your reasoning being?You do know that if you clean a car and leave it outside without driving it that it will still get dirty!...as will tyre protection start to fade,the elements wether that be sun or rain will start to degrade a products finish...especially a inferior one.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Adams tyre gloss is supposed to be good. Haven't used it yet

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I applied carpro pearl neat to the tyres on my Transporter yesterday and wiped off with microfiber cloth. Really impressed with how it looks. Just need to see how long it lasts. Good so far.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
How's the detailing treating you?

Really enjoying the results and learning so much. This forum has so much useful information and people with so much knowledge. I have always enjoyed cleaning cars and had good results(so the neighbour's say 😂) but feel like I have been able to take it to another level.

I have still been working long hours during the whole of this terrible time and feel very fortunate to be able too. I normally spend a lot of time running my boys round to their sports of choice and also coach rugby. With all this on hold I have never had so much free time once home from work. It has given me more time than I can remember in the last ten years to clean the cars!!

I can't say I always look forward too it, but the end result is what drives me. It is also much easier to keep the cars looking good once all the hard work is done getting the paintwork in good condition. The Transporter has never looked so good! It's the Track cars turn this week 😁

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I think the one that lasted the longest on my car was tuf shine tre coating. Not for you if you like high gloss as this faded after a couple of weeks but it with little extra work lasted about four to five months on a car that was parked outside, washed every other week and driven 3000 miles in that time.

Quite a bit of work to get right but looked pretty good, if you want I can try to dig up some pictures.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Also worth flagging Autosmart Prepsol as a cleaner. It’ll remove any dressing and leave a prefect surface for dressing. Always use gloves as it’ll make your fingers go white but I use it when I want squeaky clean tyre walls.

Warming the tyre wall can help too - gently of course!