ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre size with valver alloys

I have put ph2 16 valve alloys on my 1.4 rt mk1 ph1 and they had 185/55/15s on them with these i had to remove the arch liners and move a few things, the problem is in the future i want to fit slightly wider but low profile 195/45/15s discussing it with people i know there is a lot of debate whether they will fit because of the inner lip on the rear arch mainly but other places too. Opinions please

Thanks

Thanks for the opinion, any other people with experience/opinions?

By the way it is currently lowered 35mm looking a bit high for me, want to lower it 60, what would it be like at these heights

Not an opinion, experience. Heh.

I *know* it scrapes on the back - front is ok, but the back.. on bad bumps and with people in back on not so bad bumps.. Ive had a little bit of arch work done, and its only bad on one side now.. which wasnt grinded away as much.. so, maybe it can be got around - not 100% sure.

http://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/daz/side-smaller-140403.jpg

... its about that - probabaly a little lower now on the back.

I wasnt saying yours want an opinion or experience, just like lots of opinions as i say it seems to vary.

Nice car. How much is that lowered by, what size tyres have you got on there then? The work youve had done, is that grinding away the inner lip on the rear arch?

195/50/15s.. Lowered 35mm all round.

Inner arch lip grinded a bit yea.. worked to some extent..

Get 195/45/15s..

Thanks for the advice, youve backed up my theory that they would fit, just wish their was some way i could test it before i went and spent the money on them, which probably wont be for a while anyway. The only way i can think of is to try and find some really cheap 195/45/15 used and get them put on