ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UJ Joint help please

S2 106 GTI
When this fails does it click when turning onto full lock?? Had a good look at it today with help from Dan172 and his father, and his dad put it down to te UJ joint playing up. It clicks just before you get to full lock the then 3 times when tuning left to full lock.

Had a look at all the subframe bolts, steering rack bolts....everything that we thought it could be, but it sounds like its coming from the rack or the uj joint.

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
When you say UJ joint are you referring to the UJ on the end of the steering column where it joins the rack?

Sounds like a possible CV joint is worn mate, they make a clicky knocking noise when on a full lock

S2 106 GTI
When you say UJ joint are you referring to the UJ on the end of the steering column where it joins the rack?

Sounds like a possible CV joint is worn mate, they make a clicky knocking noise when on a full lock

Yeah the UJ joint at the end of the steering column. We checked over the cv joints but they 'seemed' fine....... But it clicks just before full lock turning to the right then 3 times when turning left to full lock. and you can feel it clicking if you rest your foot against the steering column

LY 182
lower column bush is my bet, common on bmws. seen it on a ph1 in the past but it just had play in it

the uj joint cant really click theres nothing there to click, and covering it in wd40 would stop it

LY 182
lower column bush is my bet, common on bmws. seen it on a ph1 in the past but it just had play in it

the uj joint cant really click theres nothing there to click, and covering it in wd40 would stop it

Last edited:
  S2 106 GTI

where is the lower column bush situated??