ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

universal harness bar

Clio RS1
Hi there,

I've put a Recaro Pole position bucket seat on my 172 mk1 and now I'd like to put the harnesses.

But I don't want to put the harness on the back safety belt lockers because i want to keep the rear seats.

So I looked on internet and I see this product which is a universal harness bar and I want to know if someone here already experienced it.

I prefer put this than a half roll cage because roll cage is expensive and also because this bar is much more easy to fit and it also looks great !

http://www.racinglab.com/nrg-harness-bar-u-47.html

many thanks for your answer and merry christmas to all of you !

Yazid

Clio RS1
I understand what you mean but the rollcage requires too much modifications (welding) and I don't want to expose myself to such work...The harnesses are good with a rollcage but on one side I will use them only on track sessions that means 4 or 5 times a year...On the road i'll use the safety belts only.

There is also the option of the ktec half rollcage but everybody says it's more a show cage than a true rollcage...And a true rollcage tailormade costs around 2000€ fitted and weight about 50 kg ! So not for me my friends !