ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unlocking wheel nuts

and gals, I have just had my 172 in for its foirst service. It is an import (not grey). Needed two new front tyres, trouble is there was no unlocking wheel nut!!!!!! So still have to bald fronts. Renault stated that each unlocking wheel nut is unique to the car. Phoned the dealer and they were as about as much use as a handbrake in a canoe! They reckon £200 to shave them off and get new ones. Any ideas or help on this much appreciated. Ta in advance

Neal

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

it is the actual wheel nuts key and not the one nut to take the cover off key that your missing yes ?

320d M Sport

balls, ask Rhys, his nuts were virtually STUCK on and the garage got those off.

dont they have a tool they can hammer on and get it to fit that way? im sure if we all turn up with a unlocking key for it 1 would work?! whereabouts are you?

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by Neal on 12 September 2003

True darling, will have to give it some thought if nothing else turns up.

if u havent realised im a bloke!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

renault arent joking when they say there are a few different keys.. they showed me the list with all the codes on it for the keys.. there was quite a few a4 pages heh.

best try the old tricks for getting them off as in the thread above.

True, thanx for the advice, and Patty sorry about the darling. You are probably 7 foot with a hairy chest and knuckles dragging on the ground, but dont hold that against me! :)))) I like the name Patty anyway!

Valver

Neal, I live in Bracknell and needed 2 of my locking nuts cut off. I have the fone number of guy who done it for me, he specializes in this area. PM me if u want the number.

Willy2

sounds silly but if you go to your local scrappy they will get them off for you, took the scrappy 5 mins to take my old ones off, they dont have locking nut keys and they always get them off, the other cars that they have. Slip the bloke a fiver job done!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Are they the renault locking wheel nuts with a ring around a dodgy flower shape?? If they are a short sharp tap with a flat head screwdriver normally breaks the ring then a socket will fit in the gap and walah you can now remove your wheels! NO I AM NOT A TEA LEAF!! I had the same problem but the lockin nuts may have changed as mine were on a 2000 clio.