ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unwell 182 :-(

172 CUP
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fred
I did lol, just1 inlet

not so bad then :)

Still confused as to how only one inlet would bend?! Least it never broke off. Hope the OP gets his sorted...

182Sport + R21Turbo
Hi all, new to the forum. I recently bought a 182 Clio sport in Black with 80k on the clock. Just had a full service on her; cam belt, phaser pulleys, oil etc (as per the guy who posted this thread).

driving home from work one eve and the engine cut out at 3.5k revs. Turns out the plug tip of No.4 is shot and the valve has dropped. (Pics to follow when I find out how to post up).

Wondering if anyone has a good engine for sale or can offer any other solutions?

I also own a 21Turbo so I'm a proud Renault owner :)

Help would be much appreciated,

Cheers

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
I have been in the same situation. After a rebuild and new belts, clio dropped 1 valve, smashed the piston.

it was rebuild with a reconditioned head I bought off here. But mechanic said but wouldn't confirm if the heads had new valves and couldn't say if this was the cause.

now rebuilt with a new engine thanks to Fred and birchdown it's running good.

182Sport + R21Turbo
It's not a nice position to be in that for sure! I'm thinking rebuild head (but then you don't know what damage the valves have done) or replace the engine!

Anyone know how much would be to rebuild the engine?