ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update of my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
all it has on it is

bmc cda
devil decat
omp cat back system

When it just had rear seats out and spare wheel it beat a vtr and stuck with that 172 thats been dynod at 166 iirc

Currently fully stripped with just drivers seat, no dash or anything ready for sundays drag racing session :D

You should get your car weighed now, or should have or should still (if you still have it) weigh the entire contents of your interior, i mean every little bit, giving you a new car weight and then a new BHP per tonne.

I'm not quite with you on the 172 thing, but i'm quite interested to know what sorta power to weight ratio your getting now.

Have you removed all the sound deadening/carpet/roof liner? Or have you just removed everything that unscrews?

b/g 182, meg tourer
that means when my 182 was full stripped last year, i could have kept up with an enzo.

no seriously mate. congratulations if you kept up with a 172 (once), if the driver was trying or could drive. i just very much doubt that your car, driven by the same person, is as quick as a 172.

RB 182 Cup
If anyones up for it im way more then happy to line it up against anyone lol.

I have better things to do then chat s**t all over the internet and my car, as said before if you know me/met me you will know what this car can do, if not then the best thing to do is shhh :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah, im not saying it doesn't go well. i just very much doubt it is as fast as a 172 with that list of mods. its just not possible!

White Sti Hatch
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

Seamour_Sheep_goggles.jpg

306 GTI-6
Its still utter b****cks though. even lightened it isnt going to have a higher top speed. My 1.6 16v had a top speed of 122mph, so no way is the 1.4 faster.

The 1.6 was tbh, not much faster if any than a well diven VTR either. That was with closed induction, ktec stealth cat back, no spare wheel.

So until you post up some speedo vids can you blame everyone for thinking you are talking nonsense. If its true, get the vids up and shut us all up.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
It will sit up the arse of a 172 without fail.

Only thing is, he forgot to mention theres a toe rope attatched......

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I think the next step is to weigh your car and get it rolling roaded. Then the bhp/ton can be worked out and that will either prove or disprove your claims of sitting up the ass of a 172.

Also wouldnt the 172 have had drag to contend with with being infront and your slipstreaming him? I know f**k all about slipstreaming and drag so no idea how much it affects sub 100mph speeds. Just a thought

Arctic Blue FF 182
Book speed is 116 mph, so to get it to 125mph must of taken some effort. 172 is 138mph book speed

Chav Rocket
i only have 1 seat in the car now.

AR: Noob? ive been playing with cars since i was 4, i can do more myself to my cars then alot of you on here and know alot more
you seem to talk the talk alot better than u walk the walk fella does a 1.4 even do 125??

1.5 dci 106 Clio
OK I have to comment.

I know naff all about cars (I don't have a problem admitting that - so you can forget giving me grief over that) and I ain't gonna argue with you over whether or not you kept up with a 172 - even though without proof I do find it hard to believe.

All I want to say is that stop calling people names and throwing your toys out your pram if you don't like what people are saying.
Prove them wrong or just accept that people are entitled to their opinion.
I joined over a year before you and have had nothing but practical, useful and 100% accurate help from this forum and its members, so I don't know how you can call them all "sheep"??

I had the 1.6 16V and I know that it wouldn't have touched a 172 on acceleration or top speed.

Just my opinion!

I'd get some better pictures before spouting shite TBH. Or do you need to look down the bottom of a coke bottle for them to be clear.

Black Gold with cup packs
2nd thread this guy has started which has turned into a slagging match, his fault this time, his fault last time

Black Gold with cup packs
The other own showed videos of him having drag races in a built up area... A couple of people expressed their opinions about it, he took offense and started similar jibs in response.

Status
Not open for further replies.