ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated original Clio 16v pics Lowered

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

Have you tried carrying passengers and goin over a speed bump with it lowered 40mm at the back?

Only ask because Im interested in how low to go at the back.

No Passengers in the back as yet but speed humps are a bit of a pain but it doesnt bottom out at all & isnt as harsh a ride as what i thought it would be.!

Seen to many plonkers totaly ruin there motors on here all you need to do is drop it & stick 45s on... mint it up & your laughin.! Turns enough heads ..!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by swandez on 31 August 2005

Seen to many plonkers totaly ruin there motors on here all you need to do is drop it & stick 45s on... mint it up & your laughin.! Turns enough heads ..!
How do you define ruin? Theres loads of nice valvers on here!

As for the pipercross....thats slowing you down mate

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ruin im talkin bodykits & gig spoilers.!

How comes me Pipercross is slowing me down then.....
I only really know of one with a kit ect. ahh well i like mine like yours and quite standard looking! :D http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/Valver7.jpgMy Car

The pipercross will be slowing you down because its a open filter in a very warm engine bay. All it will be doing is sucking in hot air which will decrease performance.

What you running on yours ..? i was told that these were the best for Clios i appriciate the fact it may be sucking warm air but what about if i fit a heat shield & bigger cold feed pipe...? ideas on a postcard please ha ha..!!:D

Toms 20V Clio is Awesome looking.. can you send me some more pics of it please mate at mailto:paulsaunders6841@aol.com">paulsaunders6841@aol.com cheers pal.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

What you running on yours ..? i was told that these were the best for Clios i appriciate the fact it may be sucking warm air but what about if i fit a heat shield & bigger cold feed pipe...? ideas on a postcard please ha ha..!!:D
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/engine2.jpgMine was running a pipercross at one point! lol

Nah its now running a modified airbox with a uprated panel filter. (Modified so it has a big fat airfeed running from the front blanking plate direct to the airbox)

On my old one i just ran the standard airbox with a uprated ITG panel filter. 99% of people on here with 16vs/willys will tell you this is the best option. :D

Also dont no if anyones had similar problems but mines recently started jumping when its warm like a missfire, have been told its the rocker cover gasket causing oil to leak on plugs but sometimes its fine & other times its a pain.! only got 66k on it.....:confused:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

rocker cover gaskets are a common fault on the 16v, cheap to replace though. nice car mate.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

also the piper x will be losing u power especially during the warm weather but i had a k&n open induction kit on my old 16v and my old cup and they do sound awesome but for power put the airbox back on with a itg panel filter. ive got a hillpower i/k on my williams which is has a cold air housing, sounds awesome but also probably losing slightly during summer. roll on cold scottish winter!!! p.s have u got an exhaust on yours yet? get a full magnex and de cat, had that on my old 16v and have the same on the willy, great sounding system and will free up some ponies with the de cat. cheers.

no exhaust system just standard pipe thinking of getting a de-cat pipe, need to invest in a new panel filter i think as peeps keep telling me the pipercross is loosing me power although it does sound awesome.! didnt wana mess about with it to much though as want to try & keep it original as poss as it will be more appealing when it comes to sell it..!

Titanium 182

love it!

is there 2 diffrent types of turbines? sometimes the look diffrent!

i still love valvers, just got beef

Yeh i think so mine have been refurbed & are polished on rhe rims also colour slighty differ from standard ones... this is my 1st car onlt been on the road since July this car puts a smile on my face every time i drive it.!!! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

What difference do 45s make? ive got the boggo 185/55s on my willy rims...

does it alter anything?

45s make for a much lower profile tyre also being 195 they are slightly wider which in turn make for much better handling & improved looks over a 185/55/15 tyre...!

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

on the topic of lowering, iv been told to go 50 on torsion and 35 front, is there a better more sensible option, or will this be ok on my RT? matt

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by swandez on 01 September 2005

45s make for a much lower profile tyre also being 195 they are slightly wider which in turn make for much better handling & improved looks over a 185/55/15 tyre...!
Does thas comfort get affected?

not really no the lowering does affect slightly as it makes for a firmer ride i suggest 45s on yours as they really are a worthly investment im chuffed with mine, i have Toyo Proxes & it sticks to the road like a Go Kart.! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^^ oh god I know about discomfort - I only had my bar dropped one notch (to anyone else it just looks standard but I know its done) and 30mm springs on the front but for some reason its just killed the car - itll bottom out on any harsh (ish) bump at anything over 40mph now...

Dont really know what to do about fixing it - new springs and shocks I guess but it was comfy before the springs...