ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade to better standard Renault Stereo on 197?

Clio 197, BMW 525
Hey guys,

My 197 has a bog standard CD player which I'd like to upgrade. I don't want to get an after market headunit as I don't like the look so I'm looking at upgrading to a better standard Renault system. I know some 197s have an MP3 compatible CD player like the one in the pic (not from a clio obviously).

My (possibly daft) question is does this CD/MP3 headunit play MP3s directly from a CD with MP3s on it? Or is it just a connector at the back to an external MP3 player?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 35a6fpd.jpg
    35a6fpd.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 93

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Hey guys,

My 197 has a bog standard CD player which I'd like to upgrade. I don't want to get an after market headunit as I don't like the look so I'm looking at upgrading to a better standard Renault system. I know some 197s have an MP3 compatible CD player like the one in the pic (not from a clio obviously).

My (possibly daft) question is does this CD/MP3 headunit play MP3s directly from a CD with MP3s on it? Or is it just a connector at the back to an external MP3 player?

Cheers!
Think your best bet is to upgrade to after market unfortunately.