ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading 182 stereo

Im about to get a new 182 (non-Cup) which comes with the "upgraded" Cabasse stereo with separate amplifier.

Im sure Ill want to replace the stereo, but where would I pick up the speaker wires? Are they behind the stereo as usual, or are they near the amp? Presumably, theres some kind of multi-core signal cable taking the low-level signal from the stereo to the amp.

Am I right in thinking that changing the HU will be rather more than a simple swapover?

Cheers,

Nick

AFAIK the Cabasse unit doesnt have an external amplifier, can you post details of what the brochure says, i dont have one to hand (if you have it)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

The head unit is a simple swap over.

It has the ISO connector for speaker/power etc.

Some of the alpine units may be different, because they require a direct power feed, but other than that, it should be ok.

Thanks - not sure where I got the thing about the amp from - thought I read it somewhere. Anyway, glad its not there - makes it much easier to swap the HU!