ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading 182 stereo

Im about to get a new 182 (non-Cup) which comes with the "upgraded" Cabasse stereo with separate amplifier.

Im sure Ill want to replace the stereo, but where would I pick up the speaker wires? Are they behind the stereo as usual, or are they near the amp? Presumably, theres some kind of multi-core signal cable taking the low-level signal from the stereo to the amp.

Am I right in thinking that changing the HU will be rather more than a simple swapover?

Cheers,

Nick

AFAIK the Cabasse unit doesnt have an external amplifier, can you post details of what the brochure says, i dont have one to hand (if you have it)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

The head unit is a simple swap over.

It has the ISO connector for speaker/power etc.

Some of the alpine units may be different, because they require a direct power feed, but other than that, it should be ok.

Thanks - not sure where I got the thing about the amp from - thought I read it somewhere. Anyway, glad its not there - makes it much easier to swap the HU!