ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrading....cup to a v6... opinions etc.

255 V6 Black Gold
99% sure i am moving on from the 172 cup upto a V6.

Spoke with renault (as i owe finance on my cup)

owe them about £5735, they tell me the market value of my cup is £5225 but will mark that up to £5735 to clear my finance.

V6 they have is a blue 55 plate one, 2500 miles, 2 year warrenty £23,000 it is.

My payments would go up from £225 to £520 per month (for 5 years!!)

i can afford this, and my insurance only goes up £400 per year. I may not even buy off renault, theres good second hand on trader for 16,000 etc.

Really thinking of doing it, but thinking pay my cup off then sell it privatly.

What would you all say value of my cup is??

172 cup
52 plate
35,000 miles (36,000 service will be done before selling) so thats £200 (aux belt as well)
White Turnis, not a mark on them
Renault sport decals
Powerflow exhaust
Full De Cat
Open Air Induction (can be taking off)
Re Map by Rstuning
Lowered 20mm on springs.

Pics attached (before it was lowered)

Attachments

• DSC00438.JPG
    DSC00438.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00436.JPG
    DSC00436.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00439.JPG
    DSC00439.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 68
  missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
please take off those stickers mate

about £6000

ps £500 for 5 years dont do it

i love v6s but 5 years

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
For £520 a month i'd want an M3 or a Boxter;)

Thats mortgage territory.

Loose the stickers:slap:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL! Do you get a free mug with that deal!

Sell your car = 5.5k say. Find money to clear your finance.
53 plate vee with 12k miles 16k!!!!

Doesn't take a genius.

255 V6 Black Gold
lol like i said in my first post

i wouldnt buy that one off renault... theres ones on trader for 16,000

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'd love a vee too...But fuel is an issue, insurance is more, servicing. Can you honestly justify the costs!?

C

clio172cup20

Renault sport decals .. WHY!?!?!?!!?!?

about.... £6200 - £6400

255 V6 Black Gold
I'd love a vee too...But fuel is an issue, insurance is more, servicing. Can you honestly justify the costs!?

dont know, hopeing for some input off vee owners.

insurance is only £400 more than what i am paying now.

that 400 increase was on me using the reg of the v6 on auto traders site (the renault one) and saying it had a market value of 23,000.

were as if i bought a v6 i would buy one privatly for 16,000. so insurance aint an issue for me. Fuel isnt really either. Servicing etc... thats where i would need input off other vee owners

so a 400 increase would be even less when i say the v6 is worth 16,000

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
u regret it! 500 a month is like the rent on an aprtment in manc city centre! my mortgage isnt eventhat much!

im upgrading too to a v6 but on the cheaper route of seliin 172 for 4k then buyin a 01 v6 for about 10k with a grad loan.
finance is EVIL!

255 V6 Black Gold
definatly better cars out there, subarus etc etc.

but its a v6, theres nowt much quite like it on the road. And i dont want a mk1 version, so it would have to be 15,000 upwards one.

182 FF
Get a bank loan at least that way you can sell the car when ever you please without the astronomical rates of interest you get at the dealers.

Gotta say in the looks department they rule:cool: , not like you see one every day like yer scoobies etc...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I will get a vee next yr...But it's a stupid idea! (But i still want one) Around town you'll be spending 50£ a wk easy. Sub 200 a tank, Becuse lets face it you will be stopping and starting and giving it a fair few blasts.

insurance for me is 900 on the 172 with mods and 1200 on the vee std.

PM subway he's just made the jump your planning!

(In perspective tho you could have an evo 6 for 13k)

RB 200 Cup!
IMO dont do it 520 is a hell of a lot of money but hey at the end of the day its up to you i just couldnt personally justify that much cash

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
He's not planning on buying the one from Renault,lol...read his post!

It's a tough one,£15k+ buys you a lot of car nowadays with alot more power than the Vee but then the Vee does have a certain appeal to it

Engles Mummy
Hi m8,

I just moved from a Cup to Mk2 V6...

It's the f**king b****cks, the cup was great...but the Mk2 V6 is f**king super great!

Awesome, awesome, awesome car!

f**king great!

172 cup baby
dont do it mate, not much difference in performance on paper....compare that to an evo/skyline etc and you aint even got an arguement, truth

Lionel Richie
real world straight line the V6 is faster

point to point cross country, the cup would win

the V6 is more of a GT cruiser car than a sportscar

Impreza P1
Fair play to you mate for trying to make the jump. But I don't think id be prepared to pay that much when you canbuy this for 13k....

skyline 3.jpg
480bhp @ 1.4 bar of boost

yes this might not be what you are looking for but if you tried to race one or one saw you on the road the only thing ud see is its rear lights.

id definatly love a v6 but I know exactly what my next car is and it happens to have twin turbos.

255 V6 Black Gold
Couple of replies

thanks to the guy who commented about me not buying the renault one.

of course i know that 520 is a lot of money, what i was trying to show was i can afford that, so if i got rid of the cup and bought a 16,000 v6, it would be a lot less.

with regards putting the cup back to standard, theres not much done with it. stickers come off easily. Airbox can go straight back on (k&n wont be worth much to sell it on)

decat / exhaust thats tastefully cut into the real bumper (twin oval pipe style) whats point in removing them? ok the decat maybe if the person who buys aint got mot contacts to see it through with no cat but the exhaust only cost 125 never get that for it now, plus i would have to buy a new bumper

then theres the option of getting throttle bodies with gdi on my cup... really not sure.

oh yeah forgot to mention, got a clifford avantgaurd g5 with engine start on it... cost £800 new. cost me about £200 to have to taken off and put on a new car. probably adds a bit to the value?

J

J182sport

I was inches away from buying a V6 i think they look awsome but as for performance alround space in the car ie rear seats boot etc: i went for the WRX STI8 the performance is better than a V6, 310hp four wheel drive better on fuel 24mpg!

and for 13.5k not even close to the money you will pay for a V6! change for mods for even more power an looks!

clio 172 cup
who cares if its not as fast as en evo or sti or whatever its got so much road presensce far more than anything mentioned in this post, but getting a 16000 car with nothing to put down is a bit harsh but if your happy just do it and sod this lot

1. u only live once
2. dont bite of more than u can chew
3. did i mention u only live once ???

think about it 1st then DO IT !!!!!