ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper box mount

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick 1 chaps.
Part way through fitting a vibratechnics upper gearbox mount using guides on the forum. Going ok till this:

11b93766-e7a7-4bc4-bf0c-8c8941fedb00-jpeg.jpg

The 1st washer in the kit won’t go down the spindle far enough, now I’ve read you might need to “tap” down with an over size socket but “tapping “ isn’t working.
Is this normal? Will it go on?
Cheers

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Can you not just run a drill bit through the washer to open it up I little bit.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Just a quick 1 chaps.
Part way through fitting a vibratechnics upper gearbox mount using guides on the forum. Going ok till this:

View attachment 1464313
The 1st washer in the kit won’t go down the spindle far enough, now I’ve read you might need to “tap” down with an over size socket but “tapping “ isn’t working.
Is this normal? Will it go on?
Cheers
Same thing happened to mine.. I couldn't get it back off after a few "Taps" so i had to put a deep socket over it and "whack" it down.. been on a year and no problems..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, not getting it off is my main concern. Can you remember if you hammered it all the way to the bottom to seat on the spider? Cheers

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Yeah, not getting it off is my main concern. Can you remember if you hammered it all the way to the bottom to seat on the spider? Cheers
Yea managed to get it all the way down..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the input chaps.
Resolved this in the end, I removed the spider, greased the stud, rested the underside on the bench and hammered the washer on with a socket. No way I would have done it with the spider in the engine bay.
The mount itself was very tight also so with a combination of lifting the gearbox in tiny fractions and torquing the top nut I got it to seat correctly.
Bigger job than I first thought and I wouldn’t have done it without the forum.
Cheers