ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper/third brake light removal

Arctic 182
Hi all,

I need to remove my upper brake light this weekend to try and see whether it's the connection or the unit itself which isn't working - was hoping for some advice on easiest way to do this, car has cup spoiler.

I've found this guide which illustrates how to remove the spoiler to do it:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/17-electronics/416866-renault-clio-mk2-high-level-brake-light-replacement-[how-].html

However I also tried searching on here and came across this thread, I note that @optical removed his using a small flat blade screw driver, how easy is this/has anyone else done it?

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/cup-spoiler-brake-light.559881/

Thanks in advance.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It'll be the light itself that's knackered. They let water in and then die. I need a new one now, as all the plastic of the light itself has gone brittle with it's age, although my DIY LED strip is still going strong.

You can get in from the front with a small flathead screwdriver wrapped around a microfibre. Just work your way around it, but be careful not to go too hard or youll crack it.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its really easy to remove, flat blade screw driver on the right hand side seems to be the only way - its only held in place with spring clips so should come out easily. masking tape on the bit of the spoiler you are prying against and you should be fine.
For £18 you are best just replacing it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You can remove the whole spoiler and push it from behind, but i didn't crack mine on front removal.