ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Whiteline ARB Drop links

CursedTitanium 182FF
I have uprated the drop links on my Whiteline ARB, I tried to adjust the old ones but they were far to corroded and ended up just bending.

So I ordered some parts off eBay from mcgillmotorsports, they arrived today.

2x M10 x1.5mm Male Rod End/Rose Joint Left Hand Thread 10mm BRONZE LINER(MMSAKL10B) £10
2x Turnbuckle M10 Link Adjustable from 120 mm-160 mm (70mm long) Linkage Bar ARB £10.90
2x Sealing Boot for M10 and M12 Male or Female Rose Joint Rod End Dust Boot £7.80

I then went to my local BML-Hayley Shrewsbury - Hayley Group Plc and bought some M10 bolts and washers.

2x 60mm M10 1.5 bolt with a 30mm Shank
2x 40mm M10 1.5 bolt
2x M10 Nyloc nuts
6x M10 washers
Total £2

New parts
20140812_171003_zpscfde62eb.gif

Old v New

EibachRR.gif

20140812_180843_zps29c894f3.gif

All in, I think it was about £30.

Van
I use McGill for making my own alternator and gear linkage mounts on Vauxhall's. Make sure you buy the more expensive teflon lined joints for stuff like this though or they won't last when continuously loaded.

Top man, cheers!

Slightly easier way of doing it I'm thinking is to just get a female rose joint and get some M10 rod and use that instead

@1812lsd linkage bar seems to push the ARB down quite a lot more than the standard setup, but what affect this would have on handling I wouldn't have the slightest?!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Top man, cheers!

Slightly easier way of doing it I'm thinking is to just get a female rose joint and get some M10 rod and use that instead

@1812lsd linkage bar seems to push the ARB down quite a lot more than the standard setup, but what affect this would have on handling I wouldn't have the slightest?!

Exactly what I did mate. That's what I was going to reply with. Don't bother with the rubber boots though apparently they just collect water and encourage rust.

My ARB is positioned like the above pic too, not sure how it affects the car though! I just think it looks better as you can see it from the outside and i'm a scene whore :(

Exactly what I did mate. That's what I was going to reply with. Don't bother with the rubber boots though apparently they just collect water and encourage rust.

My ARB is positioned like the above pic too, not sure how it affects the car though! I just think it looks better as you can see it from the outside and i'm a scene whore 😧
Perfect, I'll give the Rubber bits a miss!

Lol, I'm exactly the same mate - amazing how many people mention it from when their behind! Infact I'm that much of a scene whore that I'm thinking of painting mine purple to match my calipers....