ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's Meg 225 - The Clio Replacement

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Got this to replace the paper filter that is currently fitted and I'm booked it for a power run on Friday at Group B Motorsport. Hopefully it'll make what it's supposed to be running!
DSC_0091.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it's still running stage 1 with mods (decat, exhaust, filter)

DSC_0101.jpg

Next steps are to inspect the turbo as it should be a hybrid.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
And maybe not just me either.

It picks up a bit quicker and drops off sooner than a hybrid should. And this is at 17psi

A hybrid makes more power and torque than that at 12psi

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Did a track day earlier in the month. Killed the standard discs with the DS3000 so for next year I'll get some DS1.11 and 330mm discs.

Other things to do are get a R26 RARB setup and adapt it to fit the 225 beam, sort out the missing power.

Also consider getting some extra wheels are road wheels with some contisports as I wasn't happy with the NS2R in the wet. I wasn't confident in the car at all. Then I can replace the NS2R when their worn out with some DZ03G in the summer :)

Here are the pics anyway.

DSC_7038.jpg

DSC_7004.jpg

DSC_6567.jpg

DSC_6462.jpg

DSC_5900.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not much to report other than the NS2R on a cold wet day are a bit scary when pushing on.

I changed my cheap battery for a Varley 25 and it starts well now.

Went for a run around the triangle and surrounding area as it's local.

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

And a shot of being cold and wet...
DSC_0213.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted some DS1.11 pads with 330mm bells and rotors.
DSC_0572.jpg

Behind my 17" Alleggeritas
DSC_0574.jpg

And fitted new discs with bearings and pads on the rear. Also painted the callipers to match the fronts.
DSC_0576.jpg

Brakes are strong!

Looking forward to the track day next weekend.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Taking it to Europe next week if the French don't scupper our plans. Hopefully get some of the obligatory Carousel pics!

Fitted some carbon bullets, wind deflectors and a new radio. Also changed the tyres from the 235/40/17 NS2R to some 235/45/17 Avon ZV7. Rides really nicely on the road so it'll be perfect for the trip.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I love this Megane, looks so purposeful. Considering one as a daily but I would end up tinkering with it

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Obligatory carousel photo. Look on the wife's face is because we had just found out our friends has crashed. No-one hurt though thankfully but the car is being scrapped in Adenau.
racetracker_1804441_26080.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very much so. It'll be going up for sale though. Just had planning permission for a loft conversion. Or I get rid of the Clio Trophy 220 and get a cheap dirty diesel daily and keep the Meg.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
If it were me I would be keeping the Meg but then I don't have a wife an kids! Be a shame to see you sell it

If you do though I could be interested :up:😂