ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT 172 ALARM

Bumder With A Buffer

My alarm keeps going off on my mk2 172 and i cant shut it up!!! The battery has drained but the alarm still keeps going off even when i open the door. I tried pulling out some fuses in the engine bay but still going off and ive disconnected the battery. My question are

How can i shut it up to work on it coz its bloody loud!

Can some1 tell me what fuses go back where as i cant find out

Ford Fiesta

dont lock it. can you not put it on drive/garage til u can get it looked at?

also which sensor is setting it off, look at led see how many times it flashes?

The best way i found was to not lock the car with the remote!

If you get out of the car and press the locking button on the dash when drivers door is closed but leaning in through the passengers door. This will lock the boot and drivers door. Then close the passengers door and lock this with the key!

Hey presto a locked (silent!!) 172!

Bumder With A Buffer

hmmm yeah i know what youre saying but this was happening because of the battery going flat, ever since i installed an amp, there was no power to deactivate the alarm and i even disconnected the battery but it still kept going off

182 Full Fat

make sure the amp isnt permantley on. Its probably drained your battery. The remote terminal of the amp should be connected to the aerial of the car so that it only goes on when you switch car radio on, or engine is running. Have you been playing stereo without engine running?

it keeps going off because its battery backed up.if you need more info pm me i fit them at the import centre ill tell u wat to do

have you charged the batt as long as it gets a good feed from the batt it should turn it back off

if not let it go off when it finnishes it cycle then start pressing the key fob that will disarm it